Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nasra Posts: 54, Reputation: 7

Jul 28, 2006, 05:38 PM
    A friend and her boyfriend worked together
    She was the envy of her other work mates, because she was all lovey dovey with him coming to work together eating together going home together. One day they came in separately to work would'nt sit with each other working in that situation was even very stressful for us workers. They even had a blazing row in front of us then he walked out and consequently they split up. And he left the job he loved so much. She became very sad and depressed over the situation and went of on the sick. Eventually leaving herself. I don't think working with your partner is a good idea, you find that it is stressful, and your work mates can usually work out what moods you are both in. What do you think guys:)
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jul 28, 2006, 06:02 PM
    It depends on the people, really. I bought a graphics/printing company with a boyfriend. We split up as a couple but remained professionally-minded enough in the business to really prosper. We made enough so that I could buy out his half of the partnership. He started his own printing company too. Then we would help each other out periodically with our respective businesses. I am aware that this would be too stressful for some people but I wanted to share what is possible. It took two people with a big emphasis on manners, frankly. LOL.
    Cassie Posts: 150, Reputation: 46

Jul 28, 2006, 06:10 PM
    Usually dating couples are not allowed in most work places. I am sure for the reasons you gave. I worked with a couple that dated and eventually got married and it was fine all the way through. They were in their 40's and mature professional people. I think it would be more difficult for younger unexperienced people. One never knows and that is why it is best not to date someone you work with.
    My bosses son asked me out and I debated for a bit and decided I loved my job too much to risk it.
    nldaniels86 Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Mar 10, 2007, 07:55 AM
    I met my boyfriend of 8 months at my workplace. I saw him once day, then about a week later, we went out on a date, an haven't looked bak since!

Yes, its hard at times, we still work together, and live together, but we manage, at the end of the day. If you feel its rite, than go for it!
    freebird1981 Posts: 30, Reputation: 5

Mar 15, 2007, 10:27 AM
    I met my ex at work, it was my first job after leaving school, I have always been mature for my age, and didn't throw it in other poples faces that we were together. I think we sat together once at lunch then went off and I found my own friends there, everyone knew we were together but it wasn't a problem at all as we didn't get all lovey dovey at work, there is a time and a place. We went on to have a son together and were together for five years.I ended up leaving the job for different reasons but I personally never had any problems

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My best friend and my boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

OK so I have this guy friend and we were really close and then I got a boyfriend and he got mad at me and now he's like not talking to me as much and when I try to cal l him he won't answer his phone and it kills me and you I lovee my boyfriend and I want to stay with him but I don't know what to...

How is cot worked out [ 1 Answers ]

1*(0.6+cot(180/44)) The Above Equation Is Bugging Me As I Do Not Know What Cot Is, Could Some On Please Help Me Out

Live in ny;worked in nj. [ 3 Answers ]

Good Morning! I desperately need advice right now. Any insight that you can give would be greatly appreciated. In 2004, I lived the full year in NYC. I worked in NYC through 4/04, but began working in NJ at another company for the remainder of the year. Wages were about $17,000 for NYC...

Stuff that has worked for you! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, only write about products that WORKED for you. Starting with me: Name of product: Eldoquin Forte 4% Duration of usage: a couple of months, don't recall now as I've stopped using it Shades achieved: 1

View more questions Search