Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melsheikh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2003, 12:58 PM
    Autism
    Is autism curable? And to what extent autitic person can be adapted to ordinary life?
    dwalex Posts: 69, Reputation: 3

May 30, 2003, 10:35 AM
    Autism
    Tat's a tough question. There are different degrees of "autism" and "autistic like behaviors". In general the deffinition of autism is a "pervasive developmental disorder" which means it affecta all aspects of life and that it is an interuption in the natural developmental process. The answer is "No" autism is not curable by definition but "yes" many autistic people can learn adaptive behaviors to help them function better in certain situations. If someone was "cured", then I would question whether the diagnosis was acurate or not.

Best wishes,
    dwalex
    mighty_mommy Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jun 30, 2003, 11:17 PM
    Autism
    I have a 7 year old son who is autistic and no it isn't curable but you have to learn how to have fun with it. If you need help you can talk to me, it isn't the end of the world and life still can be fun if you think differently from what every day people do.
    Find a reason to smile,
    Wendy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Autism Disscussion Requested [ 10 Answers ]

My little 3 year-old nephew has been diagnosed with Austism. Can I find information somewhere on this site from someone who's tried chelation therapy for heavy metals including mercury blood levels? Perhaps there is another area that this is being discussed? I'm sure this is considered...

Aderral for autism? And clonodine [ 1 Answers ]

are this pills safe for children with autism>? my son have autism and he takes this evryday is it safe x him?

View more questions Search