Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kesisle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2009, 03:50 PM
    Online Dating-Interested in two individuals
    I narrowed my interest down to two men from an on-line dating service. One in IL and one in OH. Through e-mails and conversations I found out that they are friends. What are the chances of this happening?? I wrote both of them in one e-mail and explained our situation. I talk to the OH man on the phone. We shared a lot of who we are, what we enjoy and what we want in a relationship. IL man and myself have just been e-mailing. I have not met either of them and don't think it is fair to communicate with both because of their friendship. I would sooner walk away than get between them. IL man states that he wants to pursue me and won't tell his friend (OH man). I want to get to know each of these but I want to be honest in both relationships. I thought I would e-mail the IL man and state that I'm going to see my relationship through to a meeting with his friend (OH man). How would you write this to the IL man?
    Emily36 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

May 8, 2009, 08:47 AM

I would ask the IL man how he feels about it but you might loose his interest. I think it's a bit messy. It could mess up their friendship. Do you how close of friends they are? Something about it doesn't feel right to me.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 8, 2009, 11:58 AM

First, the Il man says he would keep things a secret. Second, the Oh man you have set up a time to meet up with him. I think you should find out more about each one and decide which one is more compatible and not let their friendship bother you. The Il guy isn't bothered about meeting you so he shouldn't be upset with his friend meeting you.
    I would just tell him 'an opportunity came up for me to meet the Oh guy. I am interested in meeting each of you before I decide where I should go from there.
    Who knows, once you meet them you might know right off which one you feel more comfortable with.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2009, 12:12 PM

Ok, chances of two men on dating sites from two seperage states knowing each other

I see a red flag the size of Texas, do you have any contract info on the one person beyond a email.

Any chance this could even be the same person playing games on a dating service.

Next online dating, no secrets, so you are talking to two men, it is OK to be talking to 12 and going out to meet 3 or 4 of them.

And there should be meetings before you move too serious in relationship
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2009, 12:38 PM
    [QUOTE=kesisle;1487947] IL man states that he wants to pursue me and won't tell his friend (OH man).

Well if you do this your already starting a relationship with dishonesty. That's no way to start. Then if you do keep contact with the other your in a tangled mess of lies. What kind of man is he to want to lie to his friend?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Online dating [ 20 Answers ]

I meet a guy on myspace and he told me I can come visit him in California whenever? Should I go for it ? I know he has 1 picture on his page... Is there any safety steps I should take... I will be staying at his house and he will pay for my ticket thanks

Online Dating [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone have any experience with online dating?  Does it work well?  In particular, has anyone tried www.online-dating-personals.com ? Thanks

Online dating [ 31 Answers ]

Anyone experience with meeting someone after talking to them for months? The aniticipation?

Dating online [ 27 Answers ]

Hi, I "met" a man on a dating site a few months ago. We are a bit far from each other so we have not met yet. We are not kids anymore :) At the beginning he was too fast for me, sending tons of emails every day, then we started to communicate on the phone and webcam. But he disappeared...

Online dating - what do I say to her? [ 16 Answers ]

I have now been single for five years, before that I was in an 11 year relationship that when bust. Ready for dating but it's not so easy find dates for my age group in pubs and clubs. I have joined a dating agency. What do I say to get that first response? Tell her about myself, my hobbies;...

View more questions Search