Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blizaleth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2009, 03:09 PM
    I live in North Carolina and he lives in Florida.
    I moved to North Carolina from the state of Florida and my ex-fiance now has a new girlfriend after only three weeks. I am four months pregnant and he states that he wants to sign over his parental rights so that he doesn't have to pay child support. If he signs over his rights can I still file for child support and will he have to pay?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2009, 03:11 PM

He cannot just sign over his rights and yes, he will have to pay child support.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 15, 2009, 05:20 PM

Nothing can happen until the baby is born. At that time you can file for custody and support. They will order a DNA test and he will have to pay once he is established as the father. He may even be responsible for 1/2 of all the deductables for having the child. Start things off right as soon as you recover and do what's best for your child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nude beaches- North Carolina or South Carolina? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I'm looking for a nude beach near myrtle beach but I'm not having any luck. Does anyone know where one is? Thank you blusia

Moving to North Carolina [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are considering moving to NC. We're looking for: affordable housing (200-300K), a small community (50,000 - 100,000 pop.) close to a larger city (we like city life but don't want to live right in it) and somewhat close to the water, say 2 hours. NC seems appealing because of the...

How do I evict tenants? I live in Florida, ex lives in Tennessee. Tenants are friends [ 1 Answers ]

Here's the story. My wife and I used to live in our house in Michigan. She moved to Tennessee first with the kids. I moved to Florida by myself. Upon leaving the home, she suggested I rent the property to friends of hers. I was getting the rent at first and then now they send it to her only. ...

North Carolina Family Law [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about child support and custody laws in the state of North Carolina? Or do you have any links I can go to so I can search them on my own? Thanks...

View more questions Search