Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrsbloodworth Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2009, 02:57 PM
    I have temp. custody of my niece how do I get full custody?
    My sister has 3 kids and don't have custody of any of them. I have temporary custody of her 1 year old and the other the other 2's father has custody of them. She signed her to me for a year, but when that year is up she might want her back and I want to have everything ready for that. If you can help me out on what to do and get the ball rolling it would be much appreciated.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2009, 04:20 PM

Welcome to AMHD. Ordinarily, it is difficult for a third person, even a family member, to retain (or obtain) custody of a child when a parent is opposed. What state?
    mrsbloodworth Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 09:01 AM
    Were in Alabama

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody of Great niece [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, nice to find this site, and be here! Anyway, down to topic at hand. I have an 8 year old niece, who I have intermittently taken care of over the past 8 years. So, since day one really. Anyway, I have had her for months at time, sometimes days, sometimes just one day, so on and so...

How to obtain custody of my niece! [ 2 Answers ]

My niece currently lives with me. I have a notarized paper that states that I can put her in school and take her to the doctor etc. I realize that the paper is not legally binding. However it is working at the moment. There is a long story behind my nieces life and for a child in the first grade it...

Custody of niece and Nephew [ 1 Answers ]

My sister died of cancer a year ago, leaving behind two sons and a daughter. I lived with my brother and law for a short period, trying to help with the children, but I found it difficult to get work done and very crowded. So I got my own house, and I took the youngest of the children (with my...

Custody of ny niece and nephew [ 1 Answers ]

My younger sister asked me to help her out for a week or two by taking her son(2yrs) and her daughter(7mo.), its has been a little over a month but it seems as if my sister does not want to take responsibility of her children, which is not a problem for me because I would love to have them with me,...

I want custody of my niece! [ 3 Answers ]

I need custody of my niece she is being neglected by her mother. Her mother is supporting her boyfriend that has no job and no car that is living off her and abusing both of them physcially. I need help getting her outa that household.

View more questions Search