Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisafarrell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2009, 12:34 PM
    No running water in my kitchen sink ?
    Hello, I woke up this morning and noticed I have no running water, yet everywhere else in my house I have running water. The kitchen sink is the only place in my house that there is no hot or cold water coming out of my taps. Any advise??
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 15, 2009, 03:44 PM
    Start by removing the aerator at the end of the faucet SPOUT, Lisa... see picture below. Spin the aerator out clockwise (may need a pair of pliers to do this) and clean the screen. Run the water WITHOUT the aerator in place and see if water flows. If so, clean the aerator and re-install.

Otherwise, I'm wondering if you are in a COLD region? Is it very cold there? Possible that maybe the pipes froze overnight? If possible then open up the cabinet and let some warm air circulate over the pipes. You can speed the process by using a hair dryer or a paint stripping heat gun to heat the pipes themselves... be careful not to burn anything or leave these tools unattended... ok?

YOU MUST leave the faucet wide open to WARM setting if single handle or just open both handles if a two handle faucet for pipes to thaw fast using tools mentioned. THIS IS TRICK TO THAWING PIPES... ;)

Be prepared for worst case in case pipes froze and burst. You will not know that the pipes burst until AFTER they thaw so be prepared by knowing where the MAIN WATER SHUTOFF is in the house... ok?

Let me know more here...

MARK
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No water coming out of hot water side for kitchen sink [ 18 Answers ]

Only water from the line of the cold side is coming out of the kitchen faucet. No water is coming out of the line for the hot water. We checked the faucets for the rest of the house and there is no problems (both bathrooms). What could be the problem. This problem happened today. I need some help.

No running water in kitchen faucet [ 6 Answers ]

There Is No Running Water Through My Kitchen Faucet, It Suddendly Stopped. What Can I Do To Fix It?

Low water pressure kitchen sink after water heater flush [ 4 Answers ]

I flushed my water heater today. When I was done, the water pressure at all the sinks, tub, washer, dishwasher, etc worked just fine, except for the kitchen sink. I took out the aerator and confirmed there was nothing there. Ran the water without the aerator in and water pressure is still about...

Water not running in kitchen [ 2 Answers ]

Water stopped running abruptly in the kitchen faucets - all other water faucets are running.

No Water Kitchen Sink [ 4 Answers ]

I have a similar problem with my kitchen sink. It doesn't matter which, hot or cold, is being used. I moostly use the hot as it is closer to my work area. We have hot and cold water with no issues not 10 feet away in a 1/2 bath. The dishwasher is connected through the same sink pluming and...

View more questions Search