Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quickwillie Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2009, 11:24 AM
    Old simplicity tractor
    I have a old simplicity 3414H garden tractor, I`m having trouble adjusting linkage from transmission to shifter . I either have forward or rev. or little forward and no rev..
    Right now I`m in forward mode so I can plow the snow , rev would help .
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 16, 2009, 11:11 AM

Shifter linkage rarely actually goes out of adjustment but it can bend and sometimes loose bolt of clamp that held an arm ridgid or straight. Carefully inspect then entire run of the linkage for any bent or missing parts or bolts. Is there any springyness to the linkage when you try to shift, does it bow under tension?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jan 16, 2009, 03:57 PM

Hi,
    There should be a tag with a seven digit number on it that may get you a PDF file from:
    Simplicity Technical Publications
    Peace,
    Clarke

Jan 16, 2009, 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    Shifter linkage rarely actually goes out of adjustment but it can bend and sometimes loose bolt of clamp that held an arm ridgid or straight. Carefully inspect then entire run of the linkage for any bent or missing parts or bolts. Is ther any springyness to the linkage when you try to shift, does it bow under tension?
    Yes to both of your answers.

Jan 16, 2009, 08:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crigby View Post
    Hi,
    Ther should be a tag with a seven digit number on it that may get you a PDF file from:
    Simplicity Technical Publications
    Peace,
    Clarke
    Do you know where the tag is located?

Jan 17, 2009, 09:10 AM

Hi,
    It is usually black and white or black and silver and on the frame below and slightly in front of the engine on older machines. I have see some up inside the right fender, and still beneath the seat deck(if it unlatches and swings open rearward.)
    Another question? Does it have a name? Like Landlord or Sovereign? The first digits of the model number you gave are frame and the second two engine(14 HP Kohler K-Series?) The "H" should be hydro(though some shuttles used it, too.)
    Peace,
    Clarke
    PS Possibly begins with 169

Jan 17, 2009, 07:45 PM
    Hi,
    It is usually black and white or black and silver and on the frame below and slightly in front of the engine on older machines. I have see some up inside the right fender, and still beneath the seat deck(if it unlatches and swings open rearward.)
    Another question? Does it have a name? Like Landlord or Sovereign? The first digits of the model number you gave are frame and the second two engine(14 HP Kohler K-Series?) The "H" should be hydro(though some shuttles used it, too.)
    Peace,
    Clarke
    PS Possibly begins with 169
    I`ve looked on the frame,under hood and seat pan couldn`t find tag . The name on the tractor is baron-H.

Jan 18, 2009, 11:27 AM

Hi,
    Took some doing, but you should have:
    Simplicity 3414H Baron
    MFG. #980
    Model # 990980
    Owner's Manual TP-1374
    Use the link above and go to manuals. Origina engine was Briggs & Stratton 30 cu. in. cast iron block.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Jan 18, 2009, 03:50 PM
    Hi,
    Took some doing, but you should have:
    Simplicity 3414H Baron
    MFG. #980
    Model # 990980
    Owner's Manual TP-1374
    Use the link above and go to manuals. Origina engine was Briggs & Stratton 30 cu. in. cast iron block.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    Went to link that you gave me and it had nothing but a black screen.

Jan 18, 2009, 04:02 PM

Hi,
    May be one you have to enter a certain way. Try:
    Simplicity - Lawn Tractors, Snowthrowers, Zero Turn Mowers, Riding Mowers, Yard Power Products
    And click on the Manuals link in the menubar.
    Enter 990980 in the Search box. I just did it and it worked for me!
    Peace,
    Clarke
    PS It requires Abobe Reader abd takes awhile to load. I saved it and can email it otherwise.
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Jan 18, 2009, 05:05 PM
    Just for the heck of it, I tried the link, clicked on the manuals link, entered the model number and I got a 40 page manual for a Baron mower. Looks like that one works fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Simplicity Regent Lawn Tractor stalled out and won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a 1993 Simplicity Regent Lawn Tractor that just conked out on me this past weekend. I had stopped mowing to pick up some branches and when I went to put it back in gear and re-engage the mower blade, it stalled out. There were no loud noises, telltale puffs of smoke, or other indications...

8 HP Simplicity lawn tractor parts [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1982 Simplicity 8 hp lawn tractor and am looking for front end parts such as the grill and plastic mounting brackets.

Simplicity rider has weird electrical issue [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old Simplicity ZT 1644 with a 16 hp Kohler engine. I used the mower Sunday with no issues at all. Went back out to mow tonight (Wed.) and when I hit the key it fired right up but died almost immediately. I hit the key again and nothing! I lifted the cover and checked the cables at...

Check alernator on simplicity Garden tractor [ 1 Answers ]

I Have a 16HP Vtwin simplicity Garden tractor that will not charge the battery when the tractor is running. If I start the tractor and remove the positive side off the battery the tractor will stop. I know on a truck this means that the alternator is bad, If this is true on this tractor where is...

Simplicity mower [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a simplicity mower would like to know the year of. The mfg # 909234 ser # 012052.

View more questions Search