Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SMRITIRAVI Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2009, 09:44 AM
    How does the bird know its own nest
    How does the bird know its own nest
    JSingle911 Posts: 35, Reputation: 8

Jan 15, 2009, 09:47 AM

It's probably a mix of different things. Birds usually have very good eyesight, and can see the area where their nest is built. They also have good directional sense, and can find the general area. If they have babies, and they are awake, the birds can hear them calling. Then when they are very close to the nest, some can smell their own scent on it.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2009, 12:00 PM

Many birds also use landmarks to find their way around, just as you would.
    How do you know your own house? Turn left at the store, up the block on the left, there's the pink flamingo in the front yard.

Birds do it pretty much the same way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adult children/to pay rent not to pay on return to nest [ 7 Answers ]

Partner adult children home/dont pay rent - pay utility and tax. Returned home due to non payment rent/tax council house. Rising debts. Is it not a learning curve to adulthood to contribute rent

Waste vent probably blocked by squirrel's nest [ 3 Answers ]

I have an odd problem. Sewer gasses are coming out of my shower drain. I've eliminated lots of other causes, and am left with a stuffed vent/waste stack as causing the problem. I can't see a pvc pipe-style-vent coming out of the roof, so it must be either connected to the roof vent, the one with...

Bird [ 4 Answers ]

A cardinal has been constantly flying into windows of house for 3 months. How do I stop without covering windows?

Is dye in bird toys safe? How to clean bird toys? [ 8 Answers ]

I am usually the one that helps other people with their cockatiel or bird questions but this time I am the one that needs help. I have cockatiel birds and I have many bird toys that I buy from Walmart and PetsMart and the other day when cleaning my bird cage I decided to wash the toys with water...

View more questions Search