Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Meagan91 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Aug 19, 2009, 04:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barracuda View Post
    about the air bubbles -
    "A blood clot or other solid mass, as well as an air bubble, can be delivered into the circulation through an IV and end up blocking a vessel; this is called embolism. Peripheral IVs have a low risk of embolism, since large solid masses cannot travel through a narrow catheter, and it is nearly impossible to inject air through a peripheral IV at a dangerous rate. The risk is greater with a central IV."
    Chemistry - Intravenous therapy

and if u're scared about injecting, remember that drug addicts inject themselves all the time but you rarely hear about them dying or getting seriously injured from infections or the actual injection.

Lol I was thinking the same. If even drug addicts can inject themselves, there's no reason to think I cant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

L-glutathione ,Vitamin C 1000mg IV injections for skin Lightening [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everybody I've read about skin lightening complexion " L-glutathione pills (normally sold in 1 bottle of 500mg L-glutathione containing 500 pills in total at a cost of about USD275-300 per bottle), most people prefer to take L-glutathione injections (400mg IV/IM). Vitamin C 1000mg IV...

What's the difference between l-Glutathione and Glutathione? [ 9 Answers ]

I want to start taking Glutathione 500 capsules, but should I take Glutathione or l-Glutathione and are they effective?

Why do I like injections [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I had been to a doctor. He gave me an injection on my upper arm. I used to be very afraid of injections. But the way he held my arm and pierced a thick long needle in my delicate upper arm changed it all. Now, I would love that pain of prick. Why did I started liking injections?

View more questions Search