Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aaanop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2009, 07:50 AM
    Overstayers to student visa
    Please help me with advise.if someone has been an overstayer for 4 yrs in the country is it posible for them to apply for a student visa in the country without them having to go back to their country.the country of origin being zimbabwe were things are not OK at the moment and besides there is no british embassy in the country as well.if not a student visa can l get married to my EU boyfriend without me exiting the country. Pliz help
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 15, 2009, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aaanop View Post
    please help me with advise.if someone has been an overstayer for 4 yrs in the country is it posible for them to apply for a student visa in the country without them having to go back to their country.the country of origin being zimbabwe were things are not ok at the moment and besides there is no british embassy in the country as well.if not a student visa can l get married to my EU boyfriend without me exiting the country. pliz help
    Once you overstayed even for a day... you are not eligible to file for change of status to any other non-immigrant visa.

If you want to get married in order to obtain immigration status, you must leave and return with proper visa, and since the overstay could trigger the 10 years bar, you need an experienced immigration attorney for this matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tourist visa to student visa [ 4 Answers ]

I have sufficient funds to support my studies and my parents are willing sponsor me. Will it be difficult to change my B2 visa to F1 if in case I plan to study in US? Do I really need to declare my intention to study upon arrival at the port of entry?

L2 visa status change to student visa [ 5 Answers ]

HOw do I go about changing my daughters L2 visa to a student visa as she wants to start college in the fall, Her L2 visa expires in June 2009

Student Visa [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently on L1 B Individual (Feb 2004-Till Date) and thinking of applying to US Business School's MBA class for 2009. I have two questions:- 1. Will there any issues in getting Student Visa just because I have been in US for last approx 4.5 year on L1 B Individual. 2. Will there be any...

Student visa [ 1 Answers ]

I win the appeal for student visa at U.K.Can you tell me if there any chance to refuse again.

Student visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am writing on behalf of my friend she came to uk with her marriage visa ,at the same time she got a scholarship continue her master studies,now she has separated with her husband ,the husband doesn't want to give her divorse,her visa will expire on dec and she wants to renew it as a student...

View more questions Search