Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rainbowreedbr Posts: 31, Reputation: -1

Jan 15, 2009, 11:22 AM

I am cheering you on right now good job.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2009, 11:25 AM

I hate to be the pre-madonna here... but I just want to make sure I get my props in for starting this thread :)
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2009, 11:50 AM
    Lol this might be a stupid question... but:

Can other people add what they've learned?

Cause, dude, there are just so many lessons...
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2009, 12:15 PM

Great post! Wonderful suggestions and lets not forget that forgiveness is important.Don't be afraid to say you are sorry and ask for forgiveness.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 16, 2009, 06:57 AM

17. If you know for sure that the relationship will be going no where, it's better to end it sooner than later.
    Its hard to break attachments, and move from the comfort zone, but it's a must to know when to let go.

Especially when things get worse, and the confusion and drama creeps in replacing the love.

Most of us fear being alone, and not being able to find someone to replace our current love. That thinking is a recipe for disaster later.

If we are to grow, making hard decisions, and coping with our feelings in a positive, proactive way, is essential.

****Thanks KC, for bringing this post to attention, and as your advice has been great, so are your recommendations.
    keekee3042 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 08:28 AM
    Listen I'm sure a great person and if that person coudlnt see that maybe the breakup was a good thing you never know everythg happens for a reason! Remember stand 4 something or fall 4 anythng
    Synthy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 03:07 PM

Wow :D this is sweet :D
    SimpleguyJoe Posts: 302, Reputation: 68

Jan 27, 2009, 12:30 AM

Lots of great points!
    rudetome Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jan 30, 2009, 09:33 AM

I learned how a man can deceive you to the point of no return.
    LoveStoned Posts: 150, Reputation: 10

Feb 8, 2009, 08:52 PM
    Thank You... Thank you... AND Thanks again.
    annica949 Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Feb 18, 2009, 12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LAMBCHOPS View Post
    More to add:

- Men: when your girl is upset, she just wants you to shut up and hug her.
    OMG!! Why can't guys GET THIS!?
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2009, 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by annica949 View Post
    OMG!!!! Why can't guys GET THIS!?!?!
    Because it takes us AWHILE to learn to READ YOUR F-ING MINDS!! :D
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 05:49 AM

People suck... alll of them!

Only joking (- mostly :D )
    platio101 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

May 13, 2009, 11:52 AM

What is NC?
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 11:52 AM

No Contact... refer to the sticky in ths forum for rules and regulations.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

May 13, 2009, 11:58 AM

WHAT??

NC stands for No Contact!! I thought it meant Nail Caroline!!

What have I done:)
    ajGambino Posts: 317, Reputation: 97

May 13, 2009, 05:16 PM

I have one:

After a breakup, regardless of the situation what he/she said to you, DO NOT BE HOPEFUL for things to get better.

That is false hope.
    Mistakingly assume your ex wants something more.

Don't hope because it's LIES.
    jerseybred Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

May 15, 2009, 06:00 AM
    This is a great thread and comes at a time when I need it the most. Thank you.
    Sphira Posts: 72, Reputation: 6

May 24, 2009, 05:34 AM
    As long as life is givinig u fruit don't be afraid to make it into juice and the cocktails cause when the limes are out of season the strawberries are there in the frige mmm strawberries
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Jul 31, 2009, 05:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy2 View Post
    1. There is no such thing as meant to be, the one, true love, or soul mates. There is only the love that you work hard for with your significant other. That in itself, is real love.

2. Love does not simply fall into place, that is infatuation. Love takes hard work, and as soon as one fails to do so, it will crumble as a whole.

3. Communication and honesty are the key foundations to a loving relationship. Both must be present or all will fail.

4. If you are not focused on your significant other for companionship, you are cheating. If you feel the need to hide your conversations with another man from your partner, you are cheating.

5. When looking for a life partner, search for compatibility instead of acceptability

6. You can't try to change a person to someone you want, you must accept the person for who they are. You can only change yourself.

7. Aim to strive for a better you, but don't let another person change who you are.

8. NEVER EVER pressure or guilt your loved one into doing something they don't want to. Do not emotionally blackmail them by making them feel guilty.

9. Do not let your partner become like your mom. Some of them like to do that and it's up to you to know when the line is crossed.

10. Do not backtrack, keep pushing forward or you'll end up in a non productive circle. Accept the truth for what it is and stop giving yourself false hope. When the relationship has ended, you must not dwell in the past.

11. Having a sense of humor is a good thing in general and for a relationship. However, know when you are crossing the line between humor and insensitivity.

12. They might expect you to know what they are thinking without having to tell you, so keep this in mind and pay attention to what they say, their attitude and their actions.

13. When the times are tough, your family and friends are always there for you. Remember what they have done during the hard times and keep them in your heart always.

14. Do not build your life around the person you love and vice versa. Have them a part of your life but do not make them your life.

15. When you love and accept reality, you will be forced to move on without the bitterness within. Strive for this.

16. Take responsibility for your feelings and the actions you make.

17. If you know for sure that the relationship will be going no where, it's better to end it sooner than later.

18. Do not look for a rebound after a serious relationship has ended. It's unhealthy for you, unfair to the rebound, and disrespectful to the ex.

19. Cut all ties and avoid contact for your own sake. NC is the way to go after a break up.

20. Eat right, sleep well, and work out to get ripped after a break up. You will feel so much better about yourself and will take your shirt off at every given chance^^
    ThatGuy - dude, you are the man... your observations can be chronicled in a book. I have some questions about a couple of your points if you are up for answering them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The Devastating EFFECT of ACNE [ 3 Answers ]

I use maxipeel for exfoliation before but after 2 weeks , I started to have unstopable ACNE. What will I do now? I want to Remove all the acne/black spot brought by the DEVASTATING EFFECT OF MAXIPEEL. Now, I never realize why I come to this. The acne on my face lowers myself ESTEEM and it...

What did you learn about yourself after a devastating breakup? [ 52 Answers ]

All right, I thought it would be wise for someone like me, going through a break up, to ask others who have been through it before. Think of your most devastating break up experience, and tell me what you came out of it with. In other words, what about YOU changed because of this that you are truly...

I'm just try to learn [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 5 ton unit but the got stuck and my budget can't afford to buy anather 1 so I find one very cheap and havet is a very expirenced ac thech and he told me I can make it wisrk with out any changes okey the one I got now is a5 ton with 10 seer and the coil is also a 10 seer the neww...

Learn to fly [ 6 Answers ]

I’m a person that likes to try new and daring things. My latest desire is to learn how to fly. Where can I go to find info on the best flight schools in my area?

View more questions Search