Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmon2407 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 04:56 PM
    Promissed a higher position that went to an outsider
    I work for a family owned company, I am top tech and was told that I was going to get a higher position. So many changes have happened and the family gave the position I was promised to a family member instead and the company wants me to train this person on everything I do. I need some advice. I'm a little upset. :confused:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 14, 2009, 05:20 PM

Unless you got it all in writing, I guess you haven't got any recourse. Could be you got lost in the shuffle and they forgot because ***there was nothing in writing***. Promises don't mean anything even in a family owned business, in fact, all the more reason to make sure you get what you want by ***getting it all in writing***.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower would not work on AUTO position just ON position [ 9 Answers ]

I have installed new rooftop unit- electrical heating & cooling- few weeks ago. When I run the cooling everything goes fine (blower and composer) but if I run the heating; heat element will fire up but the blower will not work unless I put the fan on ON position not AUTO position, so, please, I...

We Couldn't Get Much Higher [ 4 Answers ]

Here is one of my ultimate favorite videos on the Amerian pill popping populace. I love the very end where the guy talks extremely fast. http://www.cafeoflifepikespeak.com/Videos/Licensed%20To%20Pill.swf If you don't laugh at this... then you truly have no sense of humor...

SO, you think Americans want [ 13 Answers ]

What happened…Senators McCain and Clinton are Old Guard candidates. They are Washington incarnate. And they are winning.:D

Why is C++ useful in higher education? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear, Most postgraduates in business school are required to study C++. Why is that useful? How can it be applied to the problems of finance? Thanks a lot!

View more questions Search