Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aseret415 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 02:23 PM
    About to be homeless
    I need someone to tell me the Florida law on home forclosures, my home went to actution on the 9th how long do I have until we get thrown out?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2009, 02:51 PM

Surprised they have not already given you a notice. It will range from a 3 day to a 30 day notice. Then when you don't move they have to serve you at court with a forma eviction hearing So from date of notice normally about 2 weeks
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2009, 03:04 PM

Its really going to depend on the purchaser. If they intend to move in, I'd expect a notice to be served within days. They might contact you to try to rent it out.

The short anwer is it could be anytime. I would pack if I were you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Homeless and Confused [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, this is a long story. I'm in my early twenties, was in a 3 year relationship that broke up about a year ago, we lived together, it was wonderful until the end. Now, I'm 6 months in with a guy in his late twenties, owns his own home, car, successful job, he's a very nice guy. So I had to...

Homeless Vets [ 32 Answers ]

Hello Righty's: Last Tuesday night, in reference to our nation's homeless veterans, Your spokesperson, Bill O'Reilly said: “They may be out there, but there’s not many of them out there. Okay? … If you know where there's a veteran sleeping under a bridge, you call me immediately, and we will...

How long before we're homeless? [ 8 Answers ]

I live in Virginia, and my house was foreclosed on and auctioned off today. I need to know how much time I have under the law before eviction takes place, and what options I might have to find housing for a family of seven within that time frame. Ouch.

Homeless [ 1 Answers ]

I am practically homeless because of my rental history. I wanted to know if I paid off the broken leases (even though the monies will be paid to a collection agency) would this help me gain housing? I have 3 broken leases. One broken lease is from 2001 for $1400.00. 2nd broken lease is from...

Homeless situation... [ 5 Answers ]

What are some causes of homelessness? Will someone please tell me? I have a report due Friday and I need to know this. Thanks! :o

View more questions Search