Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grace6191 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2006, 02:42 PM
    Microdermabrasion Basics
    Anybody know anything about microdermabrasion?

Thanks for any info!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 27, 2006, 09:40 PM
    Microdermabrasion is a technology using crystals under pressure to remove dead or damaged layers of skin. The fine crystal like powder is vacuumed over the skin with a strong machine to get a true exfoliation! This will peel away layers of the dead and damaged skin cells, refine lines, remove many of the hyper-pigmentation (brown spots) problems, encourage large pores to become smaller, clear up acne problems, correct scar tissue and make your skin look healthy.
    Grace6191 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2006, 08:54 AM
    Are there any cons in microdermabrasion?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 30, 2006, 11:23 PM
    Almost all patients experience no complications associated with these types of treatments. But with the more powerful, medical grade machines, there is a slight possibility of hyperpigmentation or bleeding, and if the machine is improperly sterilized, there is a risk of infection.

Microdermabrasion doesn't cost as much as other skin enhancing methods. Home kits can be bought for as low as $20. Professional spa clinicians and medical professionals offer microdermabrasions treatments for a $100. Frequently, many health spas, beauty salons, cosmetic surgeons, and dermatologists offer discounts when you combine other services or opt for ongoing treatments.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

C++ basics, need clear explanation of... [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone give a very clear and concise explanation of a very basic example program in C++ with showing passing variables by value and by reference. I need to know exactly how to declare the function. How to define the function? And how to call the function? The part I need...

Have anyone use Youthful Essence Microdermabrasion System by Susan Lucci?or know of any [ 5 Answers ]

Have anyone use Youthful Essence Personal Microdermabrasion System by Susan Lucci?. what do it do for the skin?. or do anyone know of a better Microdermabrasion system that works?. I have a lot of white heads on my Nose and was wondering if this can help and also my skin is kind of...

Skin has lightened due to microdermabrasion [ 1 Answers ]

I am a medium dark skin african american woman. I have acne scars on my face and back, I have used skin lightener on the spots on my back and microdermabrasion on my face along with clearisil & noxema. Now my face is two shades lighter then my arms arms and legs. Will my color in my face get...

Pre-Calculus - first the basics [ 3 Answers ]

Find the points of intersection of the graphs of the equations: x^2 + y^2 = 5 x - y = 1 Pretty basics, but lets see who's up on calc.

Basement Bathroom Basics [ 3 Answers ]

1970's home with NO rough plumbing and drainage in the basement. Cleanout and soil stack leaves house through foundation to septic at shoulder height. Kitchen and powder above on main floor and 2 baths on upper level (all in the same corner of house). Question: Can I tie into the existing...

View more questions Search