Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilxavy007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 11:23 AM
    Does My Girl Friend Have Feelings For Someone Else?
    :confused: hello my name is John Cannon and I have been dating my girl friend for seven months straight. We have had a couple arguments and fights but we always work out our problems.But there is a frined of her's that's a boy, who used to have a thing for her way before me and her started dating and they became best friends instead of dating. I admitted to my girlf friend that I had a jealous problem because I didn't feel comfrtable about this best friend of her's but I gotten over it. He never did try coming on to my girl friend because he doesn't look at her like that anymore, that's what he claims. The best friend of her's just broke up with his girl friend and is now single. Ever since then the day after it feels like my girl friend is acting funny towards me a little. She doesn't respond to my texts fast like she used to. I know she wants to help her best friend out because he is hurt but I don't know what to think. I know she loves me but sometimes I get a little feeling inside that she has feelings for her friend. I trust her with all my heart but its just a little mind conscience thing inside my head.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2009, 11:25 AM

Go with your gut, that's the best advice I can give you. Talk to her about how you feel and see how she responds.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2009, 11:45 AM

C-o-m-m-u-n-i-c-a-t-i-o-n! Talk to her about it, if two people in a relatonship cannot communicate its like sailing in a sinking ship, stays afloat for awhile but not going to last.
    a la king Posts: 121, Reputation: 22

Jan 14, 2009, 11:47 AM

You need to talk to her about it. Starting good communication now will help you when you're older.
    SimpleguyJoe Posts: 302, Reputation: 68

Jan 14, 2009, 12:29 PM

That's the only thing you can do, as the others said just talk about it and evaluate the answer you get and go from there. Ignoring the problem is not going to fix it. Because sometimes your getting that weird feeling in the pit of your stomach for a reason, because it might be true. So you have to be ready to accept that fact as well.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 14, 2009, 03:34 PM

Is there anything else you have to go on?
    Flyflyaway Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 04:20 PM

Go with your GUT! Communicate openly with her, don't acuse! See how she reacts. Keep the lines of commuincation open is A MUST!
    NItEMArE129 Posts: 222, Reputation: 29

Jan 14, 2009, 04:38 PM

Dude, the only thing you've told us is that you feel like this because she's not responding to your texts fast enough. RELAX! BREATHE! And reassess.

Do you trust her? Do you trust her to tell you if she's no longer interested? Is this something you feel you have to know?

If it's no to the first 2 or yes to the second you should go talk to her. At any rate, you should talk to her anyway. It's the same as Romefalls said. COMMUNICATE!!
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2009, 07:56 AM

Nitemare brings up a good point about trust. If you don't trust her, that's enough to show that maybe you should re-evaulate this whole situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have feelings for my friend! [ 4 Answers ]

I have talked to this girl named Haylei since school started. We talked but I never seen us more than that, until recently. I had a girlfriend named Lisa Marie. We were dating when I started gaining feelings for Haylei. The feelings have become so strong that I couldn't take the guilt and...

Does my best friend have feelings for me? What do I do? [ 4 Answers ]

I've had feelings for one of my best friends for about a year now. I expressed my interest at the beginning of the summer at the insistence of mutual friends who indicated that they thought he had feelings for me. He responded that "it wasn't a matter of disinterest", thought there were other guys...

I have feelings for my friend, but he doesn't know. [ 4 Answers ]

I have been developing feelings for my friend for quite some time, but he still doesn't know about them. How can I let him know without ruining our friendship if he doesn't feel the same way towards me?

How to express your feelings for a girl to her [ 18 Answers ]

Hi all, after a little bit of a drama and more blame game (we both blaming ourselves for what happened) me and girlfriend have both decided that we should end this. And now I like this girl in my youth group but I have absolutely no idea how to tell her this without making it all weird, awkward and...

View more questions Search