Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrjesylvia Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 08:19 AM
    No hot water in one shower but plenty in rest of house
    I have an upstairs shower that is not putting out any hot water while the other upstairs shower and all other faucets in the house have no issues. The faucet is a Kohler / Coralais Model #K-T15603 lever handle, integral shut-off. Does anyone have any possible quick fixes?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 14, 2009, 04:14 PM
    Hello Mrjesylvia...

Remove the trim plate and shut off the integral shutoffs using a slotted screwdriver. Then remove the cartridge assembly inside the valve and then turn the hot water integral shutoff to on and PURGE any sediment/debris from the hot water side of the valve.

Then check that cartridge out and see if there is anything obviously wrong with it. Then re-install cartridge and turn water back on and see if that helped.

If not then you need to remove that cartridge again and take it to a local plumbing supply house and see if they have a replacement cartridge for your unit. You could also order the part online... ;)

Let me know if you have questions...

MARK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water in shower but plenty of hot water at sink! [ 14 Answers ]

undefinedundefined Two days ago, both of the showers in my home stop having hot water. I have very hot water in the sinks in the bathrooms. The shower doesn't get but lukewarm. One showe in the spin dial to adjust the temp and turn on the shower. The other is a spin dial for temp and has a facet...

Bathroom sink has no water, but the rest of the house does [ 9 Answers ]

I noticed today that the faucet in the bathroom doesn't have h or c water, but the rest of the house mainly the adjoining toilet, shower and faucet on the second all work. Can someone please provide some support? The plumber at Lowe's suggested that I shut off the supply lines for a few minutes...

No hot water in shower but plenty in rest of house [ 4 Answers ]

I have no hot water in an upstairs shower but all other faucets, including another upstairs shower, have hot water. What could be causing this?

No hot water in shower - but plenty everywhere else [ 2 Answers ]

The shower in my ensuite is the highest flowing water in the house. Its on the regular hot water system (ie not a powered electric shower) It has a Mira control for hot and cold water. Hot water pressure in the shower has always been "weak" and hot water was always slow to start flowing. ...

No hot water going to either shower but plenty to separate tub [ 3 Answers ]

I am in a new house and there are single h/c handles in both showers in the house - neither shower is getting hot water and after a month of trying to get the warranty people out here I'm SICK of taking baths can you please help me?? Yes I'm blonde, NO I'm not a moron!!

View more questions Search