Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lianaks Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 07:48 AM
    The garage door light sensor not working.
    I have garage door that have sensor, it will authomatic turn off the light from the motor when no activity and when I walk in the path the light will come on but now it not working what wrong? I did look at the sensor, one side have green light the other have orange, it the sensor went bad? I have not test to see the reverse sensor still working or not (reverse when object in the path of the door). Is it hard to replace the sensor, is it the bulb or the unit that I need to replace?

Liana.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2009, 07:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lianaks View Post
    I have garage door that have sensor, it will authomatic turn off the light from the motor when no activity and when I walk in the path the light will come on but now it not working what wrong? I did look at the sensor, one side have green light the other have orange, it the sensor went bad? I have not test to see the reverse sensor still working or not (reverse when object in the path of the door). Is it hard to replace the sensor, is it the bulb or the unit that I need to replace?

Liana.

The only to know if it's the bulb is to change the bulb and see if that fixes things.

If the sensor for my door isn't working the door won't operate at all - it gets a "blocked" signal for safety reasons. The light bulb is another story.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 14, 2009, 07:00 PM

I'd agree with Judy, confirm the bulb is good before doing anything else. Daddy used to say "when you hear hoofs think horses not zebras" its likely a burned out bulb.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2010, 05:14 AM

Be sure the Beam and sensor are pointed to each other, they get bumped due to their location. Watch the LED for a change(blocked).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overhead Door garage door opener light just blinks? [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My 15 y/o Overhead Door (brand) garage door opener was working fine opening & closing until a few days ago. It has very low usage because I mostly park my car outside the garage door. Now when I press the remote control w/ new battery OR the hard wired wall switch, the light on the...

Garage Door Opener Quit Working? [ 3 Answers ]

I thought I was old enough to have seen it all, wrong!! The wife and I got home last night, pulled into the driveway, pushed the remote to open the garage door and nothing happened! Multiple attempts continued to fail. I replaced the batteries in the remote, green light lights up with each...

Bypassing the garage door photo sensor [ 1 Answers ]

My laser light is broken on my garage door opener. I have to hold the wried button until the door completely shuts or it automatically reopens. It opens correctly with the remote but will not close. My Question - can the laser be disconnected so the door will function without holding the button for...

Garage door opener not working correctly [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Sears garage door opener, model 139.53641SRT, several years old. A couple of days ago, it stopped responding to all input - then it started again, and has stopped again. When either the remote switch or the hardwired switch is operated, the receiving relay in the opener can be heard...

BOTH garage door openers quit working [ 4 Answers ]

The remotes used to work but we've only been renting here 8 weeks. They worked for a couple weeks and then just quit. You can open the door using the button inside the garage but neither of the remotes will open or close the door at all now. We have changed the batteries so that's not the problem. ...

View more questions Search