Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sprtolthr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2009, 06:42 PM
    New install trane xr13 heat pump/AC for basement
    I need to provide conditioning for my 1500SF basement (3 large rooms & 3 small rooms), I got a quote for a trane 1.5 ton xr13 split system, heat pump and AC, quote is for $5100 including the new equipment, electrical and ducting,I am in Raleigh NC

I would appreciate any knowledgeable opinions regarding the quote, high? Fair? Etc
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 13, 2009, 06:47 PM
    I suggest you get at least one more and possibly two estimates for your job. Different areas of the country work on different material and labor rates so I cannot guess if the estimate is high or low. This way you will have competitive bids from more companys from which to select from and it will give you a better idea on price.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

TRANE XR13 schematic [ 1 Answers ]

I have a TRANE XR13 2TWR3024 heat pump. The schematic drawing, that came with the unit, shows a circuit board labeled DFC. There are no details on the drawing except the contacts of three relays, K1, K2 and K3. Can someone tell me how these three relays are controlled or if a complete schematic is...

XR13 trane specs [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell what the size of the suction line is for the trane xr13 model?

Trane XR13/14 [ 1 Answers ]

My hvac unit is about 9 years old. The outside unit is leeking freon so I was told to replace it with Trane XR13 or 14. I was quoted $2500 (is that a good price?) Also, I don't believe that includes changing the inside unit coil. I was told that should be changed or the inside unit may break...

Quote on 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 and var spd Trane Blower [ 2 Answers ]

I was just quoted on a 2nd floor A/C replacement, condenser and var speed blower, 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 with upgrade options. Live in CT Are these prices sane ? Includes removal of old unit, upgrade of refrig line, added insulation on old ductwork - work to be done in walkup attic Quote...

New Trane XR13 A/C [ 9 Answers ]

I live in New Orleans, LA and since hurricane Katrina prices for everything have gone up. 6 years ago I had a new Bryant central heating system installed (company did not have Trane units at that time). Also had new coils installed at the same time. The company installed Carrier coils. I...

View more questions Search