Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dvg85 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2003, 12:50 PM
    Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
    I believe I have OCD. I read something about it and I have every symptom or whatever they're called and I don't want to be like this. Is there any kind of medication I can get for this?

Thanks.
    plagued Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2004, 04:26 AM
    Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
    I also suffer from OCD and have been on several medications purported to help. None of them have made a difference for me. Things could be different for you; however, I have lost faith in "brain-pills." My only way of dealing with my OCD is to force myself, consciously, to stop doing the things when I recognize that I'm doing them. I always count to four inside my head and do everything an even number of times, such as making the bed twice and sometimes four times, etc. When I notice that I'm doing it I have to stop myself, going against every instinct. It's hard and I often slip up - even as I type I'm counting the clicks in groups of fours so I've got to make myself stop. You and I are fighting a never-ending battle and only God can step in and help. He won't take it away but He'll make it easier to deal with - I know this is true because He's helped me tremendously. Have faith, pray, and know that I'll be praying for you.
    support_sage Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Oct 24, 2004, 01:43 AM
    Medication vs condition
    All aberration stems from a single source... the reactive mind. It is removable. So you don't have to suffer with any of those diseases.
    The reason psychiatry has failed to solve them is simple.. any computer tech could tell you the answer. You cannot fix the computer hardware and resolve a software problem and that is what psychiatry has been trying to do. Electro shock, drugs and psychosurgery do not work. They damage the hardware which is running correctly. The software (mind in this case is non physical) it has to be done in a particular way.
    Dianetics can fix mental illness really fast, hours instead of months or years, no drugs or hypnosis. And the kicker is that every hour of Dianetic auditing gives you a point of IQ, so it can make quite a difference.
    Emotion and the amount of reactive mind are linked, negative or mis emotion are part of being on the lower end of the scale, (having a lot of reactive mind) higher emotions are less reactive (see the emotional tone scale.
    Also physical diseases become more pronounced with more reactive mind.
    As I said it can be removed. You can do some of it yourself or have a professional auditor do it . Once it is gone it is gone permanently.
    There are millions who have done this before you. But remember this if you have taken or are on psych drugs you will not be able to audit. You must be weaned off them carefully first.
    For more info on that write me again.
    visit www.dianetics.org to find out more info or to find an auditor in your area.
    See also www.mindfreedom.org or www.cchr.org
    nancy rocks Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Mar 19, 2007, 10:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dvg85
    I believe I have OCD. I read something about it and I have every symptom or whatever they're called and I don't want to be like this. Is there any kind of medication I can get for this?

Thanks.
    Yes, I also have OCD and have taken Imprimamine and Anafranil with great success. Any SSRI will do as Serontonin in the brain is impacted and causes OCD. Nancy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have a sleeping disorder? [ 21 Answers ]

Im am so tired these days. Im having problems sleeping at night no matter how tired I am. It doesn't happen every night but at least twice a week. I have to be up Mon - Fri at 7.30am, and some days at work I still feel asleep. I don't believe I have anything on my mind keeping me up, but I...

Eating disorder [ 8 Answers ]

Has any one suffered from eating disorder? I have eatind disorder since I was 17.actually I have no idea what I have exactly, one day I woke up so bloated and I can smell the food from last night in my stomach and from that day regular meals like 3 times a day makes me bloated like I am 6 months...

Sexual disorder [ 5 Answers ]

I am 22 male. Gay. How to relieve from this desire

Cat mental disorder? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a cat that I picked up as a stray kitten at KFC. (Yes, Kentucky Fried Chicken LOL) She was very timid as a kitten and did not like anyone but me, usually. Occasionally she would take to someone around me, but those times were few & far between. When she was a little under a year old, I...

My cat has a disorder [ 1 Answers ]

My cat just turned 2 years in Dec of 2004. I have had her since she was a couple weeks old. I didn't have to buy her, the kittens were given out for free, so I had no information on the cat's parents. When she was almost 1 year I moved from Louisiana(where I got her) to Rhode Island, where we are...

View more questions Search