Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Angeleyzinmd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2009, 04:34 PM
    Am I possessed?
    It's been two months now since I've heard, seen and felt a spirit in my home. It doesn't scare me, I talk to it from time to time. It's just letting me know that it's around. I call it an 'it' because I don't know the gender of this spirit.
    But it could possibly be a male because it tried to hurt my boyfriend three weeks ago while laying beside me in my bed. It puts its arms around him, squeezed him very tightly and tried to take his breath. He didn't tell me about until the next night we were talking about spirits and I told him that there may be one in my house. And that's when he opened up and told me about this incident.
    Two weekends ago my boyfriend and I went out on the town to celebrate his birthday. After coming home and laying in bed, he told me that I was talking about myself referring to 'me' as 'her'. He said I was very mean and cold and was telling him things to scare him away from me. This bothered me a lot.
    The next day I had a wiccan friend of mine come to my house and tried to get me to open up and call up any spirits that maybe in the home. He has a bell that he uses to do this. Once this bell was rung, I began to cry and relive a memory that definitely wasn't mine. The time was way off. After calming myself down, we still sat knee to knee, palm to palm, an ache took over my stomach.
    After he smelled lilac in the room, I kept seeing the dark shadowy figure to his right. He couldn't see it, but felt it. He told me that his right arm and shoulder was very cold. And I calmly said that it was here. When the ache left me, he felt it and began to remember childhood memories. He said it felt like it was pulling out memories from deep within, new memories that he never would imagine he could have remembered, cause it was from a very young age..
    After this night, a week ago, I haven't seen this figure. Several times I've tried to cast him forward but failed.
    Although, I feel so much anger inside of me, and I've come to some type of level of depression. I've been keeping to myself. I don't want to keep in contact with friends or family and worst of all I've been very mean and rude to my boyfriend.. I am cold inside.. no nice or heartfelt feelings to give, just pure anger.
    He can see the transition that has happened in the past week and thinks I should see a professional but they are going to think I'm nuts.
    He believes that by ringing of this bell has opened up the doorway for this spirit to take over my personality.. could this be so?
    I really don't know what to do..
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Jan 15, 2009, 11:57 PM

Hmm. Your friend's intention was to use the bell to "call up" any spirits present? Since he was trying to communicate, to get in touch, that could have strengthened the connection between the spirit and you. You have also been talking to it, developing a connection with it the same way you develop a connection with a new acquaintance by having a conversation. You could be the first warm being this spirit has been in contact with for a long time, and it is getting a little carried away. High maintenance, as they say.

You don't want to let it possess you, nor should you try to possess or control it. It is no different than your relationships with humans--you wouldn't want them trying to enslave you, nor should you try to push others around. With spirits it is the same way: Mutual respect, honoring personal boundaries, kindness, honesty, firm rules when needed.

You need to let it know that you are willing to show it compassion and give it a safe space to be, but in return it must respect you and not try to influence or enter your body or mind. A big part of that is approaching from a place of personal strength. Your Wiccan friend should know about grounding and centering, which is the beginning of any spell or ritual. He may also have some spirit friends or guides of his own that he can call upon for advice and protection in this matter. For you, it comes down to trust. Trust in yourself, in the strength of your own character. Don't be afraid to show a little fire if the spirit gets out of line and tries anything funny with you. Fierceness, good; hate, bad. Make sense? So trust in yourself and trust in God, Goddess, the Divine however you understand it. What in 12 step programs they call your Higher Power. Pray or meditate or set up by your bed some icon or image of that Higher Power as you understand it.

The spirit cannot possess you if you refuse to be possessed. You need to train it to behave properly, just like if you had gotten a new puppy. You can teach it through positive reinforcement of behaviors of which you approve, but don't be afraid to give it a good whack with a rolled-up newspaper if you have to!

Blessings.
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Feb 13, 2009, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Angeleyzinmd View Post
    It's been two months now since i've heard, seen and felt a spirit in my home. It doesn't scare me, i talk to it from time to time. It's just letting me know that it's around. I call it an 'it' because i don't know the the gender of this spirit.
    But it could possibly be a male becuz it tried to hurt my boyfriend three weeks ago while laying beside me in my bed. It puts its arms around him, squeezed him very tightly and tried to take his breath. He didn't tell me about until the next night we were talking about spirits and i told him that there may be one in my house. And thats when he opened up and told me about this incident.
    Not to detract from your beliefs, but I have experienced what your b.f. did. It's called "sleep paralysis". It feels like a presence is holding you down, and you feel awake, but unable to move or do anything about it! Very scary. Try googling it, and you'll see what I mean. Are you or your b.f. experiencing stress in your life (other than this alleged spirit?) I know that at the time I had this paralysis experience, my life was in chaos. I hope things get better soon.
    Edward55 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2009, 05:15 AM

It cannot just posses you! If you don't want the ghost to posses you just don't let him/her, I also think it is a girl because she/he might have a bad experience with his boyfriend or something!
    deanne11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2011, 04:01 PM
    Been in the same situation for 26 years... my story is long. Still would be until I came to Christ. And believe me that was the last on my list. Jesus is the truth,way and light. Christ will save you. Give him a try.
    k00rt Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2011, 05:28 PM
    I also am struggling with a similar experience(I believe). I have been struck with guilt & depression since my early Childhood, last Thursday I went insane and slashed my own face & neck several times.. This behavior is not Standard or expected by me. I have sought out mental help several times in the past 2 years and nothing is working. Do you think it is possible that an evil spirit is consuming me?
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jan 25, 2011, 04:38 AM
    Comment on Ren6's post
    Sleep paralysis is an excellent candidate to explain many experiences deemed paranormal.
    Check this out and see if it helps you understand http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
    Expert

Jan 25, 2011, 04:56 AM
    Comment on k00rt's post
    It is possible. It is more likely that the "evil spirit" is your minds way of dealing with guilt and depression. If you give more detail and put your thoughts in the Ask a new question " box you will have a thread of your own to get more input
    Expert

Jan 25, 2011, 05:06 AM
    Comment on Edward55's post
    Where did you get this information? There is nothing here that gives a positive id as
    k00rt Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2011, 10:51 AM
    Ok, I will do that. Thank you for taking the time to red this and Your Advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I possessed and dying? [ 2 Answers ]

Lately, I have been finding it really hard to bring this topic out in the open, but now I feel if I don't someone I love will get hurt really badly. I noticed recently, that I have been blacking out quite a bit, more than usual, because sometimes I will get the occasional headache and déjà vu,...

My Dryer is possessed [ 13 Answers ]

I have a dryer that has worked in another location, at my old apartment. I moved it back into my current house and it now takes 2-3hours to dry a load of clothes. My other dryer did the same thing. It vents right outside the house. Anyone have a clue what the problem could be? Duke Power wants...

Help! My daughter is possessed by my exwife! [ 15 Answers ]

In 1998, my exwife, and I divorced, and she promptly relocated to Germany. I was so relieved that she was gone, but the court awarded her temporary full custody of our 3 year old daughter prior to her departure. After 5 years of limited parenting time, due to the great distance, she, (for lack of a...

Possessed light on fan [ 1 Answers ]

My 2 year old Hampton Bay fan has recently been experiencing spooky behavior. For no apparent reason, the lights will come on, without us touching anything. At first they would come on the brightest (they are on a dimmer, by remote.) but now they come on only on the dimmest setting. It happens...

View more questions Search