Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teastalk Posts: 299, Reputation: 21

Jan 13, 2009, 03:05 PM
    Have you had a successful relationship with someone?
    I'm curious. It seems that everyone on here has never had a relationship work out so far. By working out, I guess I mean that they have gotten married. After they got married, they had a fairly happy home life (I don't expect any couple to say their marriage is EXTREMELY happy - I'm sure every couple has little fights about certain things here and there).

So what I'm asking is:
    Who on here has had a relationship work out?
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2009, 03:45 PM

This is a really interesting question. If everything works out, that means EVERY relationship you had failed unless you got married.

I consider the relationship I had with my ex a huge accomplishment, and regret nothing. Just because we don't end up together forever doesn't mean it wasn't successful. I am not sure you can qualify a relationship as successful just because you end up getting married and live happily ever after... that seems a bit misleading.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2009, 03:47 PM

Every relationship has up and downs, I don't consider my relationship a failure although there are times when there is turmoil within the relationship.
    teastalk Posts: 299, Reputation: 21

Jan 13, 2009, 03:49 PM

I thought people would say something like this. I had also added on this: What do you define as a successful relationship?
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2009, 03:54 PM

A successful relationship is a relationship based on trust and respect of both partners, where you are always working together to make the most of your relationship together. It's a partnership, not exclusive based on sex.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 17, 2009, 11:34 PM

Married more than 30 years, not going any where, and we both work hard as hell still. Life gets in the way if you don't work well together.

Somebody has to take out the garbage, and somebody has to do windows, or you have a dark dirty house.

*Forgive me, been waiting a long time to say that! Har!
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Jan 17, 2009, 11:55 PM

Ah, Tal, how many women were you with before you met "the one". And, how many heartbreaks did you experience (:.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 18, 2009, 01:16 AM
    Many, but not all in relationships.

But I had to kiss a lot of frogs.

How bad is that, to be dumped by a lot of frogs?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I really want to be successful in life [ 2 Answers ]

I really want have and good life I'm 18 I just got out of high school I'm going to go to tech college and take up airplane but I want to invest some of my money in stock but I don't know how or where to start I really want to get rich off make some money of this why I'm young I really need some...

How do you create a successful, long term relationship? [ 8 Answers ]

I just wanted to get some advice from people in happy, long-term relationships. If you could answer some or all of the q's below, that would be fantastic. 1. What makes for a successful relationship? 2. Has your relationship helped you grow as a person? How? 3. What happens when you...

Just once I want to be dominate and be successful! [ 8 Answers ]

Okay me and my boyfriend have a glorious sex life! He knows I like to be dominated in bed and so generally he dominates me in bed, and I love it! However! Everyonce and a while I like the idea of being the dominate one and attempt it but always fail miserably! >.< Example A! I bought us some...

What would be more successful? [ 2 Answers ]

If you were to open up a clothing store would you base your products on what you like or what a certain group of people like?

Marrige will be successful [ 7 Answers ]

By what age I will get married and how would be my post marriage life?

View more questions Search