Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sherrybaby1956 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2006, 12:12 AM
    Installing Telephone wall outlet
    I'm having trouble installing a telephone wall outlet.
    The wire has 6 wires and the outlet has 4 wires. HELP!!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2006, 02:48 AM
    Typically, line 1 is Green and Red, but in some homes it's wired different. It doesn't really matter, as long as you're consistent.

... so all you need to do is check another outlet in the house to see how it's wired and wire your new one the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wall outlet orientation [ 17 Answers ]

Just out of curiosity I was wondering about the orientation of three prong 120v outlets. Most times I see outlets they are oriented with the ground prong down though sometimes I have seen them with the ground prong at the top. I had asked about it once at a company I worked for previously and was...

Installing a new wall oven [ 1 Answers ]

We are upgrading to new appliances in our 60's something kitchen. The new wall oven has red,black, white and bare copper wires in the armored cable. My old oven only used black, white and bare copper. I assume the black and white are both hot. Should I connect these to the black and red at the...

Installing new wall heaters [ 16 Answers ]

We currently have radiant heat. We must change over to electric wall heaters. My question spans the installation of the new heaters and if it is possible to use the existing wiring without rewiring and tearing into the sheetrock. I have outlined what we want to do. Any input as to if this is...

Wall outlet to cd drive? [ 2 Answers ]

Please I need help to connect the wall outlet to a cd drive, I was thinknin about puttin it in my car, but I have no idea how to, can someone please help me it would really REALLY help, I've been looking for like the past year and I haven't found anything

View more questions Search