Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, righty's:

I'm just not sure you guys are using the right standards to measure people or to call them hypocrits...

You can drive your SUV because you don't believe in global warming, so you can't be called a hypocrite.... But, if any of those people who BELIVE in global warming DON'T ride their bike to work, THEY'RE.anybody else, even RICH
    How about this standard: freedom. But libs have no comprehension of the word as they would prefer we all exist in their straightjackets.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2009, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950 View Post
    How about this standard: freedom. But libs have no comprehension of the word as they would prefer we all exist in their straightjackets.
    You need to let go of your hatred for half of your fellow americans.
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    You need to let go of your hatred for half of your fellow americans.
    I hate no one.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 09:00 AM
    Ex, that's a bunch of hooey. The only standard by which I judge someone to be a hypocrite is according to the definition of the word.

1: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
    2: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

If I drive a fuel hogging SUV while preaching against it (or pose as a climate change guru and live in a fuel hogging mansion with a huge carbon footprint) I'm a hypocrite. As it is, I drive small, fuel efficient vehicles, use programmable thermostats, energy efficient lighting, try to plant low maintenance landscape plants and almost never water my yard. If I can do it I darn sure expect those who preach it to do so. When they don't it makes them hypocrites, plain and simple. You know I'm right.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2009, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950 View Post
    Hello again, George:

I don't know... I suppose you think of me as UN American, because I support the Constitution... ALL of it...

But, if you want to talk about libs view of freedom, then I'm going to talk a bit about conservatives view of freedom... Let me rephrase that a bit, because I don't believe YOUR view of freedom is conservative at all.

Frankly, I'll take the Barry Goldwater view of freedom/conservatism over yours, any day. But, I digress..

I've been listening to the dufus in chief speaking recently... He talks a LOT about spreading freedom.. Sounds really, really good too... But, as I watched, I saw that HIS view of freedom, and MINE, ain't the same... It's not even close... As a matter of fact, my jaw keeps dropping open when I hear him (and YOU) say stuff.

Personally, I think being free from unwarranted government wire taps is being free. You don't.

I think being able to challenge my detention (should I be arrested), via habeas corpus is being free. You don't.

I think having the cops obey the Constitution is being free. You don't.

I think having a justice department FREE of political corruption is part of being free. You don't.

I have more - MUCH more. I'm a Barry Goldwater conservative, by the way.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 10:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I suspect that if AZ makes it to the Bowl ,by the time Warner finishes 60 minutes against either of the AFC defenses;they will be playing Taps in his honor .
    Go Cards!! ;)
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2009, 10:32 AM

I'm not so sure about any global warming. This last summer it was rather cool here with only a few uncomforably hot days. This winter has been cold and wet. For 5 days in a row here in Ohio the overnight temperature was well below minus zero, minus 15, etc, sometimes with windchills in the minus 35 degree range and this was during the daytime hours as well. This is quite unusual for January weather here. This type of temperatures usually happen in February - not January.

And NO we did not have any snow on the ground here at Xmas as it all melted the day before. I was quite perterbed that it didn't snow here that day. Rats.

I think we are headed for an ice age as the chemtrails are effectively blocking out the sun's rays to the earth. The chemtrails are having the opposite effect than what they imagined them to be. If they would just stop with the chemtrail stuff being sprayed and let nature do it's thing, the earth would be much better off. I have been waking up for the past week with red, itchy eyes - obviously they are spraying something new for me to react like that.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 10:39 AM

Chemtrails... you mean contrails?. or are you buying into the conspiracy theory that some unnamed group is drugging us ?
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 10:56 AM
    Never fear, there is an art to Mental Chembusting "in the silence and privacy of your mind," so ramp up your vibratory rate and engage in collective thought chemtrail busting and all will be well.
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 11:03 AM
    It must work .

I've blocked out chemtrails ,UFOs ,sasquatch ,the Jersey Devil and chupacabra.
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 11:06 AM

More 'hate', anyone?

"If you're wondering why North America is starting to resemble nuclear winter, then you missed the news.

"At December's U.N. Global Warming conference in Poznan, Poland, 650 of the world's top climatologists stood up and said man-made global warming is a media generated myth without basis. Said climatologist Dr. David Gee, Chairman of the International Geological Congress, "For how many years must the planet cool before we begin to understand that the planet is not warming?"

"I asked myself, why would such obviously smart guy say such a ridiculous thing? But it turns out he's right.

"The earth's temperature peaked in 1998. It's been falling ever since; it dropped dramatically in 2007 and got worse in 2008, when temperatures touched 1980 levels."

It's time to pray for global warming, says Flint Journal columnist John Tomlinson - Flint, Michigan Columns, Letters & Opinion - The Flint Journal – MLive.com
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 11:11 AM

Is that what happened to Nessie, it wasn't a victim of global warming?
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 02:47 PM
    It's so cold that people in Belgium are burning The Goracle's book to keep warm...

Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2009, 03:16 AM

Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2009, 07:36 AM
    Study: Antarctica joins rest of globe in warming

By SETH BORENSTEIN – 17 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Antarctica, the only place that had oddly seemed immune from climate change, is warming after all, according to a new study. For years, Antarctica was an enigma to scientists who track the effects of global warming. Temperatures on much of the continent at the bottom of the world were staying the same or slightly cooling, previous research indicated.

The new study went back further than earlier work and filled in a massive gap in data with satellite information to find that Antarctica too is getting warmer, like the Earth's other six continents.

The findings were published in Thursday's issue of the journal Nature.

"Contrarians have sometime grabbed on to this idea that the entire continent of Antarctica is cooling, so how could we be talking about global warming," said study co-author Michael Mann, director of the Earth System Science Center at Penn State University. "Now we can say: no, it's not true ... It is not bucking the trend."
    OK, whatever... here's the real gem of the article:

The study does not point to man-made climate change as the cause of the Antarctic warming — doing so is a highly intricate scientific process — but a different and smaller study out late last year did make that connection.
    And that was where the article ended in my paper. This was for you TexasParent. This is what the mainstream media in America thinks of us, we're buffoons to be dismissed, we can't understand such scientific intricacies so why bother trying to explain? Man-made global warming is just plain fact and has now come to Antarctica so you MUST believe... even though "It is hard to make data where none exist."
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2009, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    I think we are headed for an ice age as the chemtrails are effectively blocking out the sun's rays to the earth. The chemtrails are having the opposite effect than what they imagined them to be. If they would just stop with the chemtrail stuff being sprayed and let nature do it's thing, the earth would be much better off. I have been waking up for the past week with red, itchy eyes - obviously they are spraying something new for me to react like that.
    Omg and those rainbows are so close to the groudn these days!

YouTube - Rainbows close to ground

WHAT ARE THEY PUTTING IN OUR WATER?!
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2009, 03:52 PM
    It's good to see those 2 million Obama supporters were busy caring for the capital’s environment during his inauguration. So far, some 90 tons of debris tossed about by the eco-conscious revelers has been picked up.

TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Jan 22, 2009, 03:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    It's good to see those 2 million Obama supporters were busy caring for the capital’s environment during his inauguration. So far, some 90 tons of debris tossed about by the eco-conscious revelers has been picked up.

There you go showing your right leaning tendencies by forgetting about the individuals who are able to put food on the table for another night for their families because of all the jobs the clean up has created ;)
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2009, 04:03 PM

The NY Slimes reported that hundreds of American flags were left discarded on the mall .

That would be the left reclaiming patriotism.
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2009, 06:14 AM

Oh now Tex, just asking the left again to put their religion into practice. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Al Gore - the high priest of environmentalism - just a pop scientist? [ 93 Answers ]

Just curious: where did Gore study climatology, anyway? YouTube - Al Gore Debates Global Warming

Did I miss Clinton/Gore defanging the Saddam tiger? [ 8 Answers ]

Interesting video of Gore making the case for evidence of Saddam's terrorists acitivities. I don't recall Clinton/Gore being engaged in this issue. YouTube - Gore criticizes Bush for ignoring Iraq's ties to terrorism

Al Gore Set To Rake In Millions Off An IPO [ 11 Answers ]

Al Gore Set To Rake In Millions Off An IPO - America Talks Back, News It has been reported that former Vice President Al Gore stands to make approximately $50 million when the TV channel he founded, Current TV, goes public. The channel is very popular among tech-savvy 18-34 year olds, and it...

Al gore and pres. Bush [ 4 Answers ]

Urban Legends Reference Pages: A Tale of Two Houses How do you account for this discrepancy?

Global Warming again. Al Gore, SHAME on you! [ 20 Answers ]

Judge for yourselves: Urban Legends Reference Pages: A Tale of Two Houses To Al Gore, Richard Dreyfuss, Alec Baldwin and the rest of the likes of you: Move to another planet and quit your lying and fearmongering! ... rant over...

View more questions Search