Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fab1987 Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2009, 10:12 AM
    University preparation for Geology.
    Next year I hope to apply to several universities for Environmental GeoPhysics.

I know on the application that unviersties are looking for applicants with a passion outside of studying the actual subject at school. Apart from going to the Grand Canyon or Hawaii volcano islands to see Geology in its purest form how can I make my application more attractive?

Is there any material I can read? A journal of newpaper articles etc?

Or maybe some kind of club or society?
    setexenv Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Aug 20, 2009, 10:37 AM

I would think that a strong background in math, physics, chemistry, & biology (foreign languages might be a plus) with excellent grades in all would more important than any of the things that you mentioned. Excellent communication skills and computer programming background might also be impressive. Additionally, your application and all required documents should be devoid of spelling and grammar errors. As a last resort, you could write the Head of the Dept. at each school where you are applying (or attach the document to your application) and explain to them why you have such a passion for studying Env. Geophysics. Is this a graduate school situation or and undergraduate school application.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Preparation of Cash flow [ 2 Answers ]

I am assigned to prepare a cash flow statement of a new contracing company.What are the thing I have to take in to consideration to prepare cash flow.awaiting for your answer. They have provided me profit and loss account(starting with notional profit,not included sales or contract cost) And...

Balance sheet preparation [ 1 Answers ]

How do you figure out the owner's equity?

Geology [ 5 Answers ]

Suppose it were known that in nearby areas, Middle ordovician, pennsylvanian, and cretaceous rocks were oil-bearing. Discuss the potential for oil exploration in the area. In what specific area or areas in this region might you recommend further investigation?

Geology: Rocks [ 1 Answers ]

What type of rock is most likely to contain fossils? And why: If limestone is subjected to metamorphism, what metamorphic rock will likely form? What changes an igneous rock will undergo, if it changes first to a sedimentary rock and then to a metamorphic rock.

Geography, Geology [ 3 Answers ]

Which one is the leargest Cantuary in Asia?

View more questions Search