Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buckster1986 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2009, 09:02 AM
    My 97 Jeep does not start after sitting idle for a few days in rain or snow.
    I have a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Orvis Edition. When I don't drive it for a couple of days and it either rains or snows the engine will not turn over in the morning. Usually by the end of the day it will finally turn over and not give me a problem as long as I used the vehicle everyday. Does anyone know what I could do to prevent this? Is there something that needs to be replaced or fixed?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2009, 09:19 AM

Try removing the distributor cap and spraying it with WD-40, wiping it out afterwards. Likewise, wipe the spark plug wires down with silicone spray and a cloth.

Better yet, replace the distributor cap, rotor, spark plug wires, and spark plugs (exact plugs that came in the vehicle).

This link should help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post520809

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jeep will not start [ 2 Answers ]

My 97 jeep grand cherokee won't start it will crank but will not start. I was driving on a snowy road a was in 4 wheel drive all of a sudden it just shut down. No warning no hickups just shut down and will not even act like it wants to start. Does anyone have any ideas the plugs are new and gapped....

Mower won't start after sitting for several months [ 2 Answers ]

My 3 year old riding mower won't start after sitting unused for several months. It has a new battery and is trying to start. I have had no previous problems with the mower. I'm no mechanic but believe that it simply needs to be primed (i.e. needs a little gas in the carburetor). Can anyone...

1988 Jeep Idle [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I have a 1988 Jeep Wrangler with the 4.2 inline six. It has a carb. I can't get it to idle. When pull up to stop light it quits, I can restart it and it will idle, it has manual 5 speed transmission.

Coastal city with most rain days [ 1 Answers ]

Which coastal city would probably experience more days of rain? Daytona Beach,Florida Portland,Oregon Portland,Maine Baltimore,Maryland

View more questions Search