Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rbruceii Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2006, 11:05 PM
    Wiring of a Rheem Condenser fan motor
    The motor looks to have 2 orange wires, 1 black wire, and 1 brown wire. Where do they go back to. Do the 2 orange wires go to the capacitor? Black go to contact + and brown to common? The 2 orange wires have continuity between them with no or little resistance. Are these both ground wires or common? I think that the black wire and one of the orange wires went to the contact and one of the orange wires and the brown wire went to the capacitor? I need some help here. After wiring this way the motor turns with the unit on, but after a couple of minutes the motor stops and gets hot making a buz? The motor is also turning the wrong way I think? It is pulling air in through the top instead of the sides.
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Aug 1, 2006, 06:23 PM
    OK bad news you probably fried the motor..

All motors are not equill, go get another motor and get the wiring diagram while your there

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower Motor wiring [ 4 Answers ]

Blower motor has 4 wires +ground. 1 yellow 1 blk & 2 brwn(one with a small copper band on it) How is it to be wired to power? Which is common and which for speed? Thanks.

Rheem RACB-030JAS residential A/C unit condenser fan motor replaced [ 26 Answers ]

I just replaced the condenser fan motor and it initially spun up then stopped, after 10 minutes it ran again then stopped. Now I can hear it buzz then stop but not spin. The original motor was a GE 5KCP39BG K075CS 1/6 HP 1075 RPM 208/230 V its replacement a Dayton 4M205G 1/4 hp 1075 RPM ...

Emerson Motor Wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I've read (most) of the similar questions about blower motor wiring, but haven't seen any that match my configuration. I have an Emerson 1/3hp, 3spd motor with the following wires: Red, blue, black, green (ground) direct from motor. White and brown go from motor to capacitor with black out of...

AC condenser wiring [ 6 Answers ]

I am in desperate need of a wiring diagram or wiring info for my condenser unit. I had a repairman out to repair the unit when it quit cooling. As it turned out he was not a repairman but a rip off instead. The problem was the fan motor. When he attempted to install an old used single sp motor in...

View more questions Search