Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loupi01 Posts: 92, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2006, 07:43 PM
    Nuheat Electric Floor Heat
    Hello,
    I am installing a Nuheat (Nuheat.com) electric floor heating pad. There are 2 wires from the pad that need to run up the wall and into a switch box. The switch box will have power coming in which connects to the thermostat and the thermostat connects to the heating pad.

Does the wires need to be put in a conduit? I plan to notch out the base plate and run the wires up to the switch box. I will use a nail plate to protect the wires.

I live in Northern California

Thanks
    loupi01
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2006, 11:50 AM
    According to the National Elecric Code for Fixed Electric Space Heating Equipment, Article 424 states to refer to the manufacturers instructions... and the instructions refer to the NEC.

Is this fun or what?

Route the wires in a notch or channel into the wall, and from there I would sleeve the wires in the plastic ENT (blue flexible non-metallic raceway, we call it Smurf Tube)from where they enter the wall to the thermostat box.

As you mention use nail plates at the notches.
    loupi01 Posts: 92, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2006, 09:03 PM
    Thanks again for you help tkrussell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing from gas heat to electric heat [ 3 Answers ]

How do you change from Apollo gas heating system to electric heating system?

Convert from gas heat to all electric [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, we are retiring and considering a move to a smaller community. Many of the homes there have gas heat and the cost of natural gas is outrageous to say the least. One house is about 8 years old. How do I go about changing to a heat pump? Wouuls I need to dhave all new or can I use the existing...

Trane gas/electric. Heat will light but won't stay on [ 4 Answers ]

I have a trane single packaged gas/electric 2 1/2 ton. The gas will light but after about 5 seconds goes off. It does this three times then the system goes into system lockout, no heat. You can reset power and it will start the whole process over. I have changed the ignition plug, flame detector...

Baseboard electric heat [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have any recommendations for brands/style of baseboard heaters? Have looked at hydrosil, they claim to be efficient but are higher priced units. Are the fluid/gel filled units that much more efficient than the cheaper units? Thanks

Convert gas heat to electric [ 4 Answers ]

Could someone please tell me the pros and cons of converting our gas heat to electric. We just moved to TN and are astounded that the gas man comes every four weeks and fills the tank and our house is COLD all the time anyway!! We are thinking that electric heat would be more proficient and cost...

View more questions Search