Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lola12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2006, 06:12 PM
    Auto collision, no damage, said was not there
    A car and I were stopped at a red light. I was doing something and my foot slipped off the break. I rolled into the car in front of me. There was no damage to either vehicle. The lady in the front car got out asked me to write down my name, phone # and license plate # and asked to see my driver license. I complied. No insurance info was exchanged and the police were not called, so no police report. We did not speak of damages, although there was none. She did say something about just returning from a Dr. apt. regarding her back. She said she felt ill and had to leave and got in her car and drove away. When I rec'd a call from her, I call my insurance company and told them someone called me, leaving a message falsely accused me of hitting them. I told the insurance company I was not there. I accidentally gave the woman a license plate # that is a couple of digits off from mine. There are no cameras at the intersection. She has filed a claim with her insurance company (which is the same company I am insured with). I spoke with someone handling her claim and said I was not there and had no idea what they were talking about. She is claiming rear end damage and is now out of town. She has not yet given a vehicle description, although the insurance company will get one. This is a second offense for me within a few years. The time before this I did everything by the book, even though, as the police report stated there was no damage, I was sued and lost. I cannot have any more hits to my insurance. What happens if I continue with my story that I was not there, and what happens if I fess up to doing no damage but being there?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2006, 07:06 PM
    I don't understand this part…

Quote Originally Posted by lola12345
    I accidently gave the woman a license plate # that is a couple of digits off from mine.
    She was THERE, she could have written down the correct info.

Why not just fess up?

I think you are saying you wrote the info down for her?

Hey, if you want to keep lying, go ahead.

Maybe you will get away with it.

What more do you want?

What happens if you are found to be lying? I don't know, it couldn't be good.

Keep on lying if you wish, and for your sake, hopefully there were no witnesses and you are believed more than the old woman.

But if this goes to court, and you lie to the judge and are found to be lying because the old women then pulls out proof, you might be charged with perjury.

But if you are that confident no proof exists…it's your choice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problem with water damage [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter and roommate are students at KCAI. They leased a 2 bedroom apartment in July 2005. The property has a one bedroom unit underneath which is/was gutted and being renovated. They had completed putting blown installation in the ceiling and were dry walling the unit. My daughter’s apartment...

Little help please - criminal damage to property [ 8 Answers ]

If criminal damage to property occurs to a vehicle driven by a man whose wife holds title and registration to the vehicle and someone is indicted for damaging the property of the man, even though he has no title or legal claim to the vehicle is named solely in the indictment as the property owner,...

Damage and loss. [ 2 Answers ]

Can you sue your auto insurance company if they want to total your damaged car out at a lesser value than you agree with?

Rita's damage! [ 1 Answers ]

My mother is an evacuee and is staying with us until her town gets the okay for residents to return. My question... she has a freezer and 'fridge with items that, by the time she returns home,will have gone VERY BAD!! After 3 to 4 weeks can the applainces be saved and cleaned of odor and how?? If...

View more questions Search