Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bzbuddy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 01:17 PM
    R 10 freon vs 410 freon
    I have researched certain sites, but all I keep getting is the same thing. There is a Huge debate going on about air conditioning units and which freon is the appropriate freon to use and why. Is there any information you can give me about the 410 freon and why so many people are against it other than the cost?
    All kinds of info are available about the R 22, but limited on the other. I do know that they will be phasing out the R 22 by 2020 because it is effecting the ozone, but that is really about all I know at this point. Any tips or answers you can find would be great. Thank you!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2009, 01:26 PM

The simple answer is pay now or pay later.

R22 will cost more in the future. It will eventually all come from recycling.

R410A is more expensive in terms of the gas itself and the equipment. The equipment needs to be larger and operate at higher pressures.

Short answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get a freon licsense [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get a freon licsense

Low freon [ 1 Answers ]

Our building maintenance man says that my freon is very, very low. He told me that A/C companies are going to tell me that I need a completely new unit, but it's possible that the leak can be fixed by fixing or replacing the valve stem(s)? I would like to get some other opinions. What do you...

Freon [ 2 Answers ]

How can determine if I have enough Freon in the system? Someone told me if coolant pipe is not very cold then there is not enough Freon. Is it true? TG

How much Freon [ 2 Answers ]

How much freon (R19) should be used to fill a home A/C unit. I need to replace the evaporator and must dischrage the system and refill it.

View more questions Search