Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Jan 12, 2009, 12:39 PM
    Make a reese hitch
    I can burn and weld... where do I get the measurements for a reese hitch for a truck? Tks... acurate measurments
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2009, 12:58 PM

Reese hitch? Are you going to copy their hitch platform or what?
    Or are you wanting to build your own receiver hitch platform? Just because you can weld does not automatically make you qualified to engineer a hitch platform capable of safely hauling the intended load.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 12, 2009, 07:24 PM

Tableclock, if you want good correct information, you need to answer the questions our experts ask, so they know how to better help you. I have deleted your rude comment. If you want to be rude and complain, our experts could care less to help you.

I would recommend giving them the extra info, so they can better direct your answer.

So while you may think you asked a clear question, but no, it is not very clear exactly what you are wanting.

Jan 12, 2009, 11:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    tableclock, if you want good correct information, you need to answer the questions our experts ask, so they know how to better help you. I have deleted your rude comment. If you want to be rude and complain, our experts could care less to help you.

I would recommend giving them the extra info, so they can better direct your answer.

So while you may think you asked a clear question, but no, it is not very clear exactly what you are wanting.
    Very clear... I'd like to know where to find acurate measurements... like a blueprint or drawling of a reese type hitch for a 2008 chevy pick up... please... ty
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2009, 07:22 AM

It is highly unlikely that you will find any such drawings.
    You should be able to go under the vehicle and with a pencil,paper and a tape measure come up with a pretty good sketch.
    That is how I did it for my last two trailers that I installed a hitch platform onto.

Jan 13, 2009, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    It is highly unlikely that you will find any such drawings.
    You should be able to go under the vehicle and with a pencil,paper and a tape measure come up with a pretty good sketch.
    That is how I did it for my last two trailers that i installed a hitch platform onto.
    Thanks... I did that... I'd just like to see the factory ones...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Movie about a hitch hiker [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find the title of a movie (which I think includes the words hitch hiker in its title). It is the story of young man who leaves his urban environment and sets out to hitch hike, jump freight trains, etc. toward the west coast, to visit his uncle. Along the way he meets up with a...

The Flirt Who Wanted to be Hitch [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I've been exclusively dating a nice guy for almost 8 months now. We've had good times together and he is always there for me when I need him. The thing is, before he met me, he was very promiscuous. (I don't have a lot of dating experience.) He's very into how men attract women and how...

Trailer Hitch [ 3 Answers ]

On either a 2006 or 2007 PT Cruiser can I carry a lift gate and a scooter? Total about 300 lbs.

MS Word 2000 hitch [ 12 Answers ]

For some reason Word began keeping minimazed only the last one of the few documents I am working on, making word processing very laborious and frustrating having to continuously re-download the other files that disappeared after minimazing them. Hope some kind souls could advise me. Thanks....

Trailer hitch [ 4 Answers ]

I have a used truck with an odd trailer hitch receiver which is 1&7/8 inch rather than the usual 1&1/2 or 2 inch receiver & am looking to find where I can purchase a 1&7/8 inch insert bar (the part that actually holds the hitch ball). Any help would be appreciated.

View more questions Search