Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Arkanum Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 11:13 AM
    0 credit score. And can't seem to obtain one.
    Hi, I'm 21 and for the time just working full-time, and have been living on my own since I was 18. I have all my bills to pay, and have gone to university for a period of time( going back soon, hopefully). Anyway I have applied a few times, for my banks credit card and no luck. Also I tried applying for a bank over draft as well ( a small one) and still no luck. I live with my girl friend, and I actually can't seem to save a respectable amount of cash, any advice as to my problem of achieving a credit score?

(located on Canada BC)
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2009, 11:16 AM

Well, if you cannot save cash, getting a credit card probably isn't the best idea.

Try for a gas station or department store card. Those are usually the easiest to get. Alternatley, try for a secured card. You deposit a few hundred dollars with them and they extend you credit. As you use it and pay, they increase the credit without increasing the deposited amount.

At least this is how it would work in the US. Your mileage may vary.
    Arkanum Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 11:27 AM

Thanks for the advice Steve, well you see the reasoning for me wanting a CC, is to build Credit basically. The way I've come together for the use of it, was basically pay my bills with my CC and then just pay my CC off,and do this for some bills, and over time actually have a credit score. I'm pretty good with my cash, I've never paid anything late, and I never go over my budget. But yeah I was just thinking, I'm 21 and no credit... not a good thing lol thanks again though!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit card and my credit score [ 7 Answers ]

I have always paid my debts in full and on time. I have a credit score near 800. I had to make a purchase of $3900 and used my creidit card. My limit on this card is $20,000. I am paying the amount in full before the due date the end of Sept. Will this large aamount affect my credit score since...

Credit Score Vs. APR [ 1 Answers ]

Please advise as to how credit scores effect APR. :) Thank you.

Credit Counseling bad for credit score? [ 4 Answers ]

We've managed to pay our many bills, but it has really been hard. We've thought about a credit counseling service yet were advised that it can hurt your credit as much as bankruptsy does. Recommend or not?

FICO Credit Score: Maintain a 50% debt to credit-limit ratio on _each_ card? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been advised that I should transfer part of a balance of one credit card to another card in order to maintain 50% debt to credit limit ratio on _each_ card even though my _total_ debt to credit limit ratio is already below 50%. (Most of the debt is on one card for convenience.) I could...

My brother's credit debt harming my credit score! [ 2 Answers ]

Just some background information- my brother has many, many debts. (he is a lawyer that just never succeeded and has no real work ethic) So he uses my father's credit cards, pays the minimum amount every month, and he basically lives off my father's credit cards for all of his expenses. My brother...

View more questions Search