Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MimiGirl Posts: 141, Reputation: 0

Jan 12, 2009, 11:10 AM
    Color on hair fading.
    Hello,
    First of all let me start by saying that my natural hair color is dark brown.. A year ago I decided to dye it blond but then just a few months ago I wanted to go black so I dyed it again..
    The only problem is that the black keeps on fading and pieces of my blond keeps on showing up-not only that but it also gets lighter.. I dyed it twice already but it keeps on fading with every wash..
    What can I do?
    I was thinking to just dye my hair back to my natural color 2 see if that could help but I isn't sure.. Iam really tired of all the dying and just want my hair to rest but I don't want to look weird also.. I like the black but it keeps on coming off..
    Ive gone to the salon but the same thing happends a few months later.. any suggestions?
    Thank you:)
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Jan 12, 2009, 11:24 AM

It appears your hair is porous. The hair can't hold onto the colour molecules because hair shaft is open/damaged.
    First, use hair products formulated for coloured hair. Have weekly conditioning treatments, I personally love hot oil treatments with olive or coconut oil. You warm up the oil, and apply it to the hair, you can leave the roots out if you want to or just go easy on the roots. Pop on a plastic cap and leave on for 30mins or longer. Heat helps the hair to penetrate the treatments.

Another thing is, I would usually use a quazi/demi permanent on your hair because the colour molecules are different sized, big and small. But a permanent colours molecules are smaller and they could come out of the hair easily whilst bigger molecules from the quazi would stick into the hair better.

Hope that helps. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fading hair color with dandruff shampoo [ 11 Answers ]

So, as much as I advise other people against it, I faded my hair color with Head and Shoulders. It got almost all of the dye out of the bottom half. So the top is dark, the bottom is light. It looks horribly damaged. If I dye it again, will the top half even receive the color?

Fading Hair Color [ 1 Answers ]

I put light browns and red highlights in my dark hair and the red turned out really bright and I need to do something with it before school tomorrow. I want to try to fade it out so that it will blend in but I am afraid it will turn pink. Should I use Dawn detergent?

I have black hair and I want a new color is there any way to speed up the fading? [ 8 Answers ]

Well lets see around last christmas I dyed my hair black. I dyed it 2 more times after that to keep up with the color I have not dyed it in roughly 3 months. But now I want to dye my hair a mix of natural red and the actual color of red. My stylist can make the color for me, but I can't introduce...

Fading hair color [ 2 Answers ]

I dyed my hair about two months ago to a dark red/brown color. I tried to get it back to my normal ash brown color by dying it a light ash blonde. It made the ends lighter but not the top of my hair. I don't want to go to the salon because I don't want them to use any abrasive or harmful...

Hair color fading [ 1 Answers ]

I tried to highlight my hair blonde, but it didn't turn out so good. It is too blonde, and I like the natural color of my hair much better. I need to find a hair-healthy way to make the color go away before school starts tomarrow morning. Thanks! :)

View more questions Search