Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yocasta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 09:56 AM
    Adding a father to birth certificate
    I have a 6 six year old son. I don't have anyone listed as his father on the birth certificate. I am in a relationship now and my finance would like to take paternity of my son. Can I just add his name to the birth certificate?
    Str8stack71 Posts: 94, Reputation: 10

Jan 12, 2009, 10:02 AM

I would think very carefully before doing something like that... unfortunately, sometimes men come and go in life... there is nothing wrong with not having a fathers name on the birth cert... don't feel like you have to put one on there... and don't let anyone else make you feel as though you should... that is YOUR child...
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2009, 10:08 AM

Your fiancée will have to adopt your child. Just because there isn't a name on the birth certificate doesn't mean that the child doesn't have a biological father *who has rights*.

Consult a local lawyer who specializes in family law and adoption. The requirements for this happening will vary from region to region.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding father name to child birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

I want to add my son's father name to his birth certificate. And I also want to add on father's last name to my son. When already had an DNA test done and it was determine that he was the father. How do I go about doing this?

Adding Father to Birth Certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I need to add my son's father to his birth certificate. My son is 14 years old now and his dad pay's child support on him. We all acknowledge that this man is his biological father. There is no question about that. When I gave birth to him we weren't married and I was on Medicaid. The hospital told...

Adding father to birth certificate [ 6 Answers ]

How much is it to add the father on the birth certificate?

Adding father to birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I want to add my daughters father to the birth certificate... We were together and have been together since she was born, but when she was born things were rocky so I didn't put his name on there. We have been together for 10 yrs and we are now married. My daughter is 9yrs. Old and we want her...

Adding father to birth certificate after 6 years [ 1 Answers ]

Our daughter was born in Florida and her father and I now live on Colorado. How do we go about adding him to the birth certificate even though it has been 6 years?

View more questions Search