Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kjenks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 09:49 AM
    Repossession laws in Mississippi
    I am just curious to know if I can be charged with Grand Theft Auto, if my car is up for repossession and if so how long do I have?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2009, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kjenks View Post
    I am just curious to know if I can be charged with Grand Theft Auto, if my car is up for repossession and if so how long do I have?

No, repossession is not a criminal charge. It's a civil matter.

It can become criminal in some areas if you take the car across a State line in violation of your contract.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abandonment laws in Mississippi [ 14 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the abandonment laws are in Mississippi?my 5 year old daughters biological father hasn't seen her since we went to court for custody when she was around a year and a half old. After I left him, he decided to hurt me he would take me to court and sue me for full custody. He was...

Laws on vehicle repossession in Illinois. [ 3 Answers ]

My cousin had her car repossessed April 18th of 2007 (she is going through a divorce and is having financial problems of a result. The bank still hasn't sent a notice through the mail as to when the car will be resold (which from what I understand the bank legally has to do that, along with the...

Mississippi Property abandonment laws [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any information on Mississippi property abandonment laws?

Mississippi Law [ 1 Answers ]

Scenario: A thriteen year old child is charged with Capital Murder in Mississppi. He is charged, prosecuted and convicted as an adult. He receives a 50 year sentence. The State's attorney claims (publically) that the boy was offered a plea deal from the day of his indictment up to the day...

View more questions Search