Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hrouse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 07:56 AM
    Refrigerator freezing things and freezer barely freezing items
    We have a Maytag MFF2557HEW, French doors on top and Freezer on bottom. We have freezer set at 7 and refrigerator set at 1. We cannot use veggie drawers because it freezes everything in them. We have to put all veggies and fruits on the shelves. Ice cream remains soft in the freezer, but meats seem to be frozen solid. This is complicated because there are no repairmen on this island to help us. Could it be a thermostat problem? Where is it located and can we fix it ourselves? If not thermostat, what other possibilities?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 13, 2009, 12:02 AM
    I would check the thermostat but if the freezer is not working but the back panel is frosted over then I would check the self defrost system out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fridgidaire freezer not freezing at all [ 3 Answers ]

We have an upright freezer which will be 2 years old on 15th Sep. I have let it run low on food and I read that freezers work harder when its nearly empty than when its full but I have noticed that its not freezing at all and now not even as cold as our fridge. I put some frozen food in it today...

Frigidaire Refrigerator/Freezer not cooling/freezing [ 14 Answers ]

We have a Frigidaire refridg/freezer side by side that's 5 or so years old... model # FRS26LF8CWO... It stopped cooling and freezing a few days ago... fans are running... Condenser is almost hot to the touch... I vacuumed coils and fans best I could... Condenser sounds like it wants to run but...

Amana Freezer freezing up [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Amana side by side fridge/freezer that's about 7 yrs old. The bottom of the freezer freezes up with frost which then makes my fridge not cold. We'll unplug it and manually defrost the freezer for about a day, then plug it back in and about a week later, start the whole process over...

Freezer NOT freezing. Refrigerator is OK. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Magic Chef refrigerator/freezer CTN1911GEW. The refrigerator on the bottom is at the correct temperature. But the freezer at the top is defrosting the food. The fan in the freezer is working. How can I get my freezer to work right again? Please advise. Many thanks Michel

Refrigerator freezing things but set low as it can go [ 2 Answers ]

Recently obtained a used refrigerator and I had to take the doors off to fit it through the house door. Putting them back on there's still a gap in the refrigerator door that on my own has been hard to fix. Meanwhile even set as low as it can go, things still keep freezing. I'm not sure if it's...

View more questions Search