Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Arkanum Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 05:28 AM
    T.V. Show Idea
    I live in BC Canada, 21 and have an interest in the field of the entertainment industry. Also in the midst of going to school for my Bachelor of Business and Admin. (just some personal info).:cool:

So I have an idea that I believe would be a really big hit T.V. Show. It's in the genre close to Biggest Loser or The Last 10 Pounds, but targets a different aspect of it all. None the less, I've been trying to research this subject, and I can't copyright, patent, or anything of the sort. So if I were to present the idea to someone, how can I ensure after telling them, they don't steal the idea? Also, I have no representation, so I don't know how to get to the point where I can contact producers and such. Any advice would be helpful :o
    AMYCRAIG Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2009, 12:32 PM

How can I start a TV show?
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2009, 12:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkanum View Post
    I live in BC Canada, 21 and have an interest in the field of the entertainment industry. Also in the midst of going to school for my Bachelor of Business and Admin. (just some personal info).:cool:

So I have an idea that I believe would be a really big hit T.V. Show. It's in the genre close to Biggest Loser or The Last 10 Pounds, but targets a different aspect of it all. None the less, I've been trying to research this subject, and I can't copyright, patent, or anything of the sort. So if I were to present the idea to someone, how can I ensure after telling them, they don't steal the idea? Also, I have no representation, so I don't know how to get to the point where I can contact producers and such. any advice would be helpful :o
    I think you would need an agent to represent you, get you the meetings you need and protect you from someone steeling your idea.
    Arkanum Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 02:26 AM

That's what I was thinking would be the first step... any idea on how I would go about finding an agent to represent some one in my position?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got A Music Reality Show Idea [ 1 Answers ]

It's basically a talent show for aspiring talented people

Who do I go to with a TV show idea? [ 2 Answers ]

I have had an idea for a TV show for a couple of years now, too scared to tell anyone all about it as there is no copyright on TV shows so can anyone tell me or have any ideas of how I can go about getting this done?? There is no show like it in the world. I believe it is an untapped area in...

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

View more questions Search