Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2006, 05:42 AM
    Monitor screen
    My monitor screen is shaking, though I'm seeing the images. I later had a burn smell from it.Pls, help.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2006, 05:47 AM
    I saw this when I once goofed up and sprayed windex on the screen and some of it ran down the screen and into the monitor itself. By any chance could liquid have gotten into it somehow? Maybe like above, or something accidentally spilled into the vents on top of it?
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Jul 26, 2006, 08:20 AM
    I think once you smell burning electronics, or hear popping sounds, your monitor is a fire hazzard and should be disposed of.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Having a problem moving my address bar from bottom of screen to top of screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I can't seem to bring up an address bar at the top of the screen because when I right click at the top of the page, the options are not lit up. I could only bring up an address bar at the bottom. Since it gets in the way at the bottom, I would like to know if anyone can help me...

Monitor screen blank [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Dell Dimension XPS-B533r. The PC starts, but beeps three times. The power button on the PC is not lit but the fan is running and there is an orange light on the cpu that is lit. The monitor turns on but the screen remain black. The status light on the monitor is flashing green. The monitor...

Monitor screen shakes [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone help me. My monitor sits about 2 or 3 feet from the main eletrical box in the house. When anything turns on in the house, such as a dishwasher, furnace.. etc, the screen starts to shake. I do have a second computer which sits about 7 feet from the box and that screen does not shake. I...

Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

hi my computer screen just jumps in and out concave and convex I think the more settings are wrong, it was stuck on 400x640, I then changed it to 600x800 but it still jumps. any suggestions thanks

View more questions Search