Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Str8stack71 Posts: 94, Reputation: 10

Jan 11, 2009, 09:27 PM
    Need a "craft minded" opinion for basement ceiling.
    I suppose this is actually a remodeling question... but I wanted to ask those of you that are crafty for some ideas... we are finishing our basement. My husband wants to just drywall the ceiling down there... I on the other hand, wanted to find something a bit more clever to do with the ceiling... the drywall ceiling just seems a bit boring. Drop ceilings are just too 80" looking to me. i have thougth of doing the "industrial look" by painting the ceiling black and putting up aluminum work lights hanging from the ceiling... I have thought of putting some kind of chicken wire up there, or lattice is something someone has suggested to me... I have thought of putting up pieces of an old tin roof from a barn... except that I can't find any to buy...

Do anyone have any clever ideas for a basement?. I have painted the walls a barn red/ antique/red color... the floor is done in a darker beige color...

I would love to hear anyone's ideas.

Thanks so much
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jan 11, 2009, 10:26 PM
    Ideas:

You may get better ideas if a budget and info regarding any plumbing/HVAC obstructions are provided...
    Str8stack71 Posts: 94, Reputation: 10

Jan 12, 2009, 06:22 AM
    Metal ceiling tiles... excellent idea...
    I might check into them... in the meantime, I'm still open to ideas... thanks again
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

May 11, 2009, 11:02 PM

What about old tin signs. Or make your own out of wood of different sizes. And make them look old. May put the family name like smith family farms est. 1805. Stuff like that. That wood be different. Make fun of family members like SIS CAROL"S esp palace! She thinks she knows everything. Stuff like that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

Personal Water Craft "JetSki" Nozzle Placement [ 4 Answers ]

I have observed the propulsion jet nozzle on a JetSki or personal water craft is completely out of the water at plane or high speed. Why is this? What position produces the most thrust, above the water surface or below the water surface? Assume the same amount of power is applied in both cases.

Is there a "flap" for a basement toilet that water comes in under? [ 27 Answers ]

We have an issue with the city's sewer system in which when it rains (pours, hard) water will come back into the house from out back. The clean out "flap" will close outside but it's never air tight, thus allowing some water back in. the only place it comes in is under our toilet in the...

"Belly" in basement sewage line - options? [ 4 Answers ]

Thanks for looking in. Here is the situation. I had our basement finished 4 years ago to include the addition of a full bath using the existing roughins. We noticed overtime the basement toilet will not drain properly after flushing. We'll have to plunge it and occasionally this has caused the...

View more questions Search