Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    funegrl34 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 08:30 PM
    Can you identify this painting?
    Hi, We need help identifying a painting. It's from a 1973 movie called Brothers OToole. The painting was the prize for the Spitting Contest. Thank you so much! :)

Pict.com - brothersotoole.jpg
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2009, 03:20 AM
    Hi, funegrl34!

I do apologize that no one has yet come along to address your question! In order to make it easier for people who do come along to address it, I've placed the image from the link that you provided, right on this thread.

Thanks!

Name:  Brothersotoole - Use.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  229.2 KB
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2009, 04:10 AM

It's most likely a drawing, not a painting. Have you considered contacting the company that produced the movie? You might have a better chance at getting your question answered by them.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2009, 04:21 AM

I agree that because it's black and white, that it's most likely a drawing.

Thanks!
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2009, 05:48 AM
    That's what I think too. It comes from a certain style of classical realist drawing techniques, usually made with charcoal but occasionally with pencil, that create this look. It's also one of my favorite kinds of drawings to do. It's not a close up image, but it doesn't look like an ink or gouache wash painting, which would also be used in black and white images.

I like this teamwork, clough!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can anyone identify this painting? [ 23 Answers ]

Attached is a picture of a painting I acquired this morning at a garage sale. I love the painting but would love to know the artist. It appears that the artist has signed the painting in the crease of the dog's left leg. If anyone can identify this painting or the artist or both, I would be...

Identify painting and artist [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a painting that was passed down from my husband's grandmother. My husband is now 61. I cannot find an artist name, but it is a painting of a group of cherubs, holding hands around a tree. There are three cherubs in the tree and several dancing around the tree. Behind the tree is...

Trying to identify painting [ 1 Answers ]

I can't make out the signature http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/13/l_1cb21bf7f45e4ebc94a556219f486386.jpg http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/49/l_42cb3269d8c842f2a10ef5bfabf1c5ea.jpg

Identify painting! [ 8 Answers ]

I need help identifying the artist and the origin of this painting. I have no ifnormation about it, but it seems to be very old. There are no signs and signatures on the painting as well as on the back side of it. Any information provided about the country of origin, the artist, the school and...

Trying to identify this painting! [ 4 Answers ]

Alrite, I know this is a long shot, but I am looking for a particular painting. Now, I can not tell you the name of the painting, nor the title, because I know neither, but I will try my best to descibe it. Basically, there are just a bunch of stairs. Some are closer, some farther away. This...

View more questions Search