Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrjesylvia Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 05:16 PM
    No hot water in shower but plenty in rest of house
    I have no hot water in an upstairs shower but all other faucets, including another upstairs shower, have hot water. What could be causing this?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 11, 2009, 06:13 PM

Most likely cause would be a clog in the hot water inlet on your mixing valve. The valve can be cleaned but you need to know how to remove it, do you know how? If not try to give us a picture or name/brand/model.

Jan 11, 2009, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    Most likely cause would be a clog in the hot water inlet on your mixing valve. The valve can be cleaned but you need to know how to remove it, do you know how? If not try to give us a picture or name/brand/model.
    Not sure of the model # but it is a Kohler integral shut off type ( 1-lever that as you rotate controls the amount of hot or cold water)
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 11, 2009, 06:38 PM

Remove the handle and the escutcheon plate, to be safe lets close the main supply to the house for now. Spens some time at this site and see if you can find your valve. KOHLER: Showers: Bathroom

Jan 11, 2009, 07:08 PM
    It appears to be very similar to the Coralais Model #K-T15603.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water in shower but plenty of hot water at sink! [ 14 Answers ]

undefinedundefined Two days ago, both of the showers in my home stop having hot water. I have very hot water in the sinks in the bathrooms. The shower doesn't get but lukewarm. One showe in the spin dial to adjust the temp and turn on the shower. The other is a spin dial for temp and has a facet...

Bathroom sink has no water, but the rest of the house does [ 9 Answers ]

I noticed today that the faucet in the bathroom doesn't have h or c water, but the rest of the house mainly the adjoining toilet, shower and faucet on the second all work. Can someone please provide some support? The plumber at Lowe's suggested that I shut off the supply lines for a few minutes...

Water at both showers cooler than rest of house. [ 18 Answers ]

We've had to adjust our hot water heater to accommodate a new dishwasher that requires hot water to be between 120-130 degrees so we've turned it down from somewhere in the HOT range on the dial to exactly at WARM. Our main shower and our second bathtub/shower both feel barely warm but all...

No hot water in shower - but plenty everywhere else [ 2 Answers ]

The shower in my ensuite is the highest flowing water in the house. Its on the regular hot water system (ie not a powered electric shower) It has a Mira control for hot and cold water. Hot water pressure in the shower has always been "weak" and hot water was always slow to start flowing. ...

No hot water going to either shower but plenty to separate tub [ 3 Answers ]

I am in a new house and there are single h/c handles in both showers in the house - neither shower is getting hot water and after a month of trying to get the warranty people out here I'm SICK of taking baths can you please help me?? Yes I'm blonde, NO I'm not a moron!!

View more questions Search