Ask
    leahjoalder Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 12:51 PM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    Yer into care
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2011, 06:21 PM

You have to give me more info - I have NO IDEA what you are asking.

Feb 10, 2011, 09:02 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    A care home xx

Feb 19, 2011, 01:11 PM
    I now how you feel because it happened to me and I went to childline and now I am in a care home and it is really nice and really big
    khloe.saunders Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2011, 01:58 PM
    I know how you feel my brother beats me up all the time and my parents just stand and watch as if they get an enjoyment out of it I want to go into care but I don't know how to (did you get an answer? ) I have known since I was 11 I wanted to be put into care so go with what your heart says I know I will xxxx
    Eliot_Ruben Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Sep 21, 2011, 09:59 AM
    I've got and had problems all my life, but Fostering might not help you or your problems, Depresion will take over again when your in your new home, at least you can say you have blood family relatives around you and not strangers when you feel depressed next time, try not so much talking to professionals cause that's sometimes such an overated thing and doesn't always help at all, but find an escape where you can go, do, see, try, be etc... Be your own theorpy and heal yourself in the way you think is best.

Eliot x
    Thai2011 Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Oct 10, 2011, 11:09 AM
    I find it strange that you have a lot of "won't get into that" in your story. What it sounds like is teenage rebelliousness with you and your parents. I do believe that that was happening before "that girl" came along. First at your age, you will not go into a foster home (family fitted), you will go into a Group Home because of your age. If you can't get along with anyone in your own home, what makes you think you will be able to get along with any other family fitting? How are your grades in school and your behavior in school. The County will want to look into all those areas of your life.
    blonde_chavv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2011, 03:35 PM
    I want to be in care, my dad argues with me and my step mum, he sont support me in anything I do he get volent, and he just don't listen to me, I have been in depression for about 3 years and just cry all the time I stopped going to school for 4 months, as didn't want to be around people, as soon as dad got home went out or locked myself in my room :/.. I have a social worker, and I maybe able to go into care, but I don't know yet :/ I can't live wiith my mum she lives too far away from me and don't have the room...
    DramaTech Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2011, 06:47 AM
    I'd say be very careful about asking to go into care. It's not always the answer, Even though it feels like you can't stand being at home anymore going into care is often not any better. If you're 16 or over the chances are you'll end up in some **** hole of supported living and trust me that's not an answer. I was sexually assaulted and raped by my father and another stranger from the age of 7 until I was 9. And there's going to be a police investigation come January. But even in that scenario I've been advised that I'd be much safer staying at home and facing my father than going into care.
    Personally I''d prefer to go into care than having to face my father after he knows I reported him but unless you are in danger of beatings or physical harm I'd say it's better to try and stay because although you're supposed to have support when you're in care its very often not the case because for reasons outside of your control there's either not enough funding or resources etc. for this to be done.
    And I know that this attitude sounds neolithic because emotional abuse and neglect are equally as damaging but living through 2 more years of that may be less damaging than being out into care.
    troubledteen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2012, 06:38 AM
    Hi, I'm 16 years old and really need to go into foster care. I live with my dad, after a really troubled childhood, however he leaves me in the house for days at a time. He doesn't leave any money in case of emergency and hardly buys and food in. He is constantly shouting at me and mentally abusing me. He calls me fat and other names, which has really lowered my confidence, even though I wasn't very confident before. He won't give me any money for clothes or shoes. Recently my only pair of decent shoes broke, and he said that I wouldn't be getting any more until "my attitude changes". I, however, don't have an attitude problem. I am going on an educational residential school trip and he won't pay the money for it, even though it is not very expensive, only £70.00! I live in county durham, does anyone know how to get in touch with the local authorities?
    troubledteen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2012, 06:39 AM
    The threat of physical and mental violence has been prominent throughout my life, but I can't get out, so would social services be the right answer?
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2012, 07:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by troubledteen View Post
    The threat of physical and mental violence has been prominent throughout my life, but I can't get out, so would social services be the right answer?

Yes - depending on your age it might be Child Protective Services or something similar. Have you reported the behavior to an adult, perhaps at school, perhaps at a Church in the hope that that person can make a difference?
    ratley21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2012, 11:42 AM
    Tim mcnamara
    I want to go into care because I keep flipping out at my dad and mum a couple weeks I pulled out a knife at my mum then I thrented my dad with a glass bottle.
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2012, 12:12 PM
    You addressed Tim McNamara. Who is that?

Call CPS or the Police, tell them you want to be placed in foster care. It's that simple. Your parents can also ask the Court to remove you from their home.

What country and/or State?
    chantellouise Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2012, 11:37 AM
    I have read your story and feel really sorry for you, and well does anyone know how a 14 year old girl can go into care. Please get back of you do. Thanks and well cathrine - emma, I hope which ever desion you make that this doesn't happen again for you and well hope you have a good christmas everyone. <3

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I want my 16 yearold son to be a part of my life [ 5 Answers ]

Please don't respond anymore I'm on wrong site as I live in UK. Thanks to all those who did though

Will the cheater come back.. . and does he really care about the other girl? [ 8 Answers ]

If you're a cheated I want to know why you cheated.. . My boyfriend cheated on me. . I think for something new that wasn't as complicted and serious since we were together for 5 yrs. He moved right on and already says he cares about her. . Yet when we finally broke it off completely he cried and...

Depende care claim from FSA for dependent care [ 1 Answers ]

Dear expert, I started to work in a company from last November. My FSA for dependent care was set up in Feburary( 3 months waiting period from company policy), may I claim the dependent care incurred in January? I worked full time in January in this company. Thank you.

My Mom dropped off my 17 yearold brother and said good luck [ 3 Answers ]

First off I am a 28 year old single guy. I was living in a house with a roommate until November. Some things happened where she could no longer afford the house that we were living in. She had less money due to a job change so we both decided that we would get our own places. I was moving in on...

View more questions Search