Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Upcomingteacher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 01:10 PM
    What are the stages of gross and fine motor development in youg children?
    In Early Childhood Education, what are the stages of gross and fine motor development?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2009, 02:23 PM

You will see a natural progression from infancy on. Infants will develop their fine motor skills outwardly. You'll see this from tracking an object with their eyes very early on to being able to reach out purposefully and grasp that object after several months. Think fine motor skills as the small muscles used to pick things up, grasp, turn over in their hands, match shapes, work puzzles, cut and draw, for example.

Larger muscle skills (gross motor) happen in conjunction or sometimes slightly later. You'll see this as top to bottom development. Rolling across the floor to an object, getting their arms under them and pulling themselves with just their arms (army crawl), knees under and crawling, pulling up to stand and cruise the furniture, balance, walking, climbing, running, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Condenser Fan Motor Runs Fine, Then Shuts Down [ 21 Answers ]

I've read several of the questions similar to this, but would like a further explanation. My (Bryant) outside condenser/compressor unit looks rather old, and we've been in the house for 16 years. The only problem we have is when the outside air temp gets up into the 90 degrees+ range (when we...

Odd MTD motor situation- runs fine then dies [ 4 Answers ]

I've been looking and asking all over. Get different advice. My mower will start fine and run good for a few minutes then all of a sudden it starts sputtering, smoking (greyish) and then die. If I let it sit for a while then it will usually start the same way and after a minute or so do the same...

Different stages [ 1 Answers ]

What is a single stage vs two stage vs multi stage vs emergency heat and aux heat? Please be gentle. :confused:

Smoking in a motor vehicle LAW CHILDREN [ 10 Answers ]

In what states is it illeagal to smoke cigarettes with children in a motor vehicle. What about having the windows rolled down. Is this a potential risk? Thanks:confused:

View more questions Search