Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imtaya2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 12:42 PM
    Foreclosure Clean UP Business
    I am planning to open up a Foreclosure Clean up Business. My husband is a realtor and we've seen a lot of foreclosed homes that need cleaning plus I've been hearing a lot of "BUZZ" about this cleaning service.

#1 I live in Buckeye, AZ - West of Phoenix

#2 No cleaning experience but I get lots of compliment on my home

#3 I need advise on where to get license? Bonded? Insured?

Thanks for all your help
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jan 11, 2009, 02:17 PM

License; If required from your local municipality/State

Insurance; From your business insurance company, highly suggested that you do.

Bonding; Only required on a per job basis, may not be required, only if speced.

Stringer
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2009, 03:19 PM

Yes, most of the clean up service at least locally include full service, they come in mow the year, trim the bushes, haul off all the trash ( sometimes trucks full) and the they will go into a home, fix holes in the walls, clean and even paint if needed.

Most also change locks, and in down town even board up the windows
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2009, 06:19 PM
    Hi, imtaya2!

You've already been answered about the licensing, insurance and bonding things. I would just like to add one more thing that might be helpful to you.

A lot of banks will work with major firms that hire people to do that which you're wanting to do. There could be a whole team that works on a property.

In order to get in on some of the possibilities for work in foreclosed homes in a specific vicinity, it also might be of benefit to see about working for one of those types of firms. You may need to work for a firm such as that to even be able to work in a property on which foreclosure has happened.

One such outfit would be the following that you might want to contact. Field Asset Services - The Premier Property Preservation, REO Maintenance And Repair Service Firm In The US

I wish for you only the best!

Thanks!
    proreo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2010, 07:03 AM

We started our business cleaning foreclosed homes about 7 months ago, I wanted to share a really good website we found: GET BANK REO LISTINGS & START A FORECLOSURE CLEANING BUSINESS-FORECLOSURE CLEANUP BUSINESS-CLEANING OUT FORECLOSED HOMES & FORECLOSURES They have an excellent foreclosure cleaning training guide and marketing guide. It teaches all about the licensing,insurance, and how and where to get the contracts plus it comes with the bank contacts so you can start getting the contracts right away. We are now doing very well, I would highly recommend them. Also, we get a lot of contracts from the banks at Instant Home Link, here is there website: Home-Real Estate Directory-REO Agent-Property Preservation-Foreclosure Cleaning-Contractors Loan Officer Directory They send our information advertising our services directly to the REO Asset managers every month. A lot of reo asset managers go on there to find foreclosure cleanup vendors. We have gotten many contracts from here! Good luck, I hope this helps
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2010, 07:22 AM
    Original poster has never returned.

Thread is now old and archived.

Sufficient enough answers have been given.

Thread is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Business Being Named the Same as Another Business and Registering a Business [ 3 Answers ]

What if mt business name is taken and how do I register my company or business? :)

Looking for small town business-to-business service need I'm qualified for [ 5 Answers ]

I hope someone out there can help! Some entrepreneur who's already made this discovery and who can hep me do similar. Seems everything I can think of nobody would pay any $ for me to do. I am 7 yr stay at home MOM w/ 2 kids now just both in school and I really need to find work I can do to...

Business to business vs Business to Consumer retail [ 1 Answers ]

How does Business to business retail differ from business to consumer retail?

View more questions Search