Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grace6191 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2006, 03:46 PM
    Oily Hair
    I have Indian(Asian) hair. It is naturally straight. It gets oily very fast. Is there anything I can do about it besides washing more frequently?

Thanks for any suggestions!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 26, 2006, 11:43 AM
    Hormones affect oil production and therefore things that affect your hormone levels such as stress or birth control pills may also affect the oiliness of your hair.

Oily hair needs thorough cleansing to remove excess oil. You should use a shampoo especially designed for oily hair. Clarifying shampoos can remove the oily residue. If you use conditioner, use a light conditioner and apply it to the ends of your hair.
    Grace6191 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2006, 01:42 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I knew that stuff already... I just got to actually do it now. :cool:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

What cleanser and moisturizer is best for oily skin? [ 15 Answers ]

Hello to all, I am using acne aid cleansing bar and I can say, it is effective in cleaning my face but after an hour my face returned to oily condition. I have heard that dermatologist discouraged people to use acne aid bar because it aggrevate acne on face. How true is it? I am also using st....

How do I get oily hair? Vaseline? [ 5 Answers ]

Anyone ever heard of people using vaseline (petroleum jelly?) for hair to make it look oily and shiny? Gel and mousse dry too fast. The oil-based hair products are so expensive for a little bottle. How does people get the oily hair look? I like the shiny and semi-wet look.

The perils of oily skin! [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, so, I wake up in the morning to find my face very oilly, mainly round my nose. I presume this means I have oilly skin? I ask because Ive had so much medication because I used to be quite worried about my acne, and I've heard that medication can make dry skin actially act oilly, as it over...

Oily SKin [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm having trouble w/ oily skin, large pores and adult acne. I cannot control it at all. I'll try a new product and it will do good for about a week, then my face becomes prone to it and not work at all. I have Epilepsy and am on excessive amounts of medication and magnesium. I'm being...

View more questions Search