Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sachil Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 08:28 AM
    Claim if insurance
    I am planning to take a term plan from a private insurance company. For this I have to pay rs. 14000 for 25,00,000 Sum Assured.
    Would you suggest me that if any claim occurs, can insurance company deny to pay the claim if yes .
    Why?
    Is there any rule that if a policy inforce for at least five years the company cannot deny to pay the claim
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 11, 2009, 08:35 AM

A company cannot deny a claim if the claim meets the terms of the policy. So you need to read the policy carefully to determine under what circumstances a claim will be paid or denied.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2009, 08:49 AM

There are many terms in life insurance, you first can not lie on the application, many do not cover acts of war and any illegal act. So if you were killed robbing a bank it may not.

Other plans have waviers that do not cover suicide for 3 to 5 years.

So the exact terms will be what you are obligated to

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting insurance claim [ 1 Answers ]

I was in a car accident when I was 18 and signed a paper to get 65,00 dollars when I am 40 years old. I am 24 years old now and need money now how can I get the money? Would I loss a lot if I get it now?

Car insurance claim [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I have a car accident and the insurance from the driver, who cause the accident, send me a claim number and contact phone number but when I try to call them always I connected to answering machine. I need disparately any advise that tell me what to do. What about hiring an attorney to...

Insurance claim [ 8 Answers ]

Home was loss in a fire, the contractor say it will cost 102,068.60 to repair we want to demolish and take a cash settlement. The insurance is more then what the thouse is worth. We bought the house for half the repair cost, how would the insurance company handle this?

Uncertain about what I should do regarding insurance claim [ 1 Answers ]

I have attempted to file a homeowner liability claim under my neighbor's policy, but have not been successful in doing so. As of right now, I am being told that the homeowner have filed a claim due to my damages, therefore, I can not file a claim under their insurance. My questions are: 1). Can...

View more questions Search