Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swirlgirl Posts: 74, Reputation: 14

Jan 11, 2009, 06:01 AM
    Why is it such a moral dilemna?
    Here is the dilema.. that I am sure a lot of Christians have. I am a single, attractive, young 55 year old lady... I am very sexual... I have not found a Chnrisitan man to marry... dating sites, though other people, etc. I also live in a not populus region of the midwest... men whom are married, unemployed, druggies, smokers, drinkers are easy to get... but how do I find a TRUE Christian man? EVEN on Christian dating sites, once I say I will not have sex outside of marriage... I don't hear from them again...

I want to live a Christian life, please God, have a clean conscious... but God has put this sexual and companionship need in us so strong... (some stronger than others) and I want to go to Heaven... I pray about it all the time... God tells us He won't give us anything we can't handle... then why? When I can't handle it.

Having bi-polar on top of it, having a mentally ill adult son whom lives with me... seeing all these close knit families in my small church and all the married couples... it is getting too much for me to bear.

I am so lonely, I don't think I can wait much longer..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2009, 09:28 AM

It is hard, first sadly by visiting a lot of churches in America we are seeing less and less men getting involved in the church.

But outside of that, at 55 there are just less men, having just became single and dating again myself, I was shocked at the number what appears to be single ladies, compared to the number of men available.

And if you add to it, a medical problem and a adult son of anytype living at home, it is just a harder sale.

It will take a ver special man indeed.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2009, 11:47 PM
    swirlgirl.
    Fr Chuck is right.
    It would take a special man indeed.
    So, you must look and wait for him.
    Keep praying and become more aware than you have been.
    The right guy will come along. When is the question but don't give up.
    You might try volunteering in some places where nice men could be found.
    There was this a man who volunteered to help out at a tourist information desk. He was a widower and a very good Catholic. His still works there but he is now married to a Methodist lady who he met there when she came in looking for tourist information she indended to send to friends and relatives who planned on visiting her state and area.
    Thing like that happen all the time around the world so use your imagination on what you can do to help your marriage trek.
    You might even find a single minister like Fr Chuck.
    Good luck and God's speed and help.
    Fred (arcura)
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2009, 07:57 AM

Instead of the dating sites, have you explored any of the church based small groups for singles? Since you are involved in a small church you may have to venture outside of your own denomination to find groups to join.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2009, 11:58 AM
    450donn,
    Good suggestion.
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Indian girl's lightening dilemna [ 8 Answers ]

Hi all, I've been lurking around ont his forum for about 2 days now and have sifted through almost all the posts on skin lightening/whitening. Now I'm a 20yr Indian girl with a dark skin. ( was born dark but darkened even more from years of sun exposure.. so Currently I'm the colour of Bipasha...

Dilemma or dilemna [ 15 Answers ]

I see that dictionary.com says it's spelled Dilemma... but I have always used dilemna. Didn't the latter used to be the standard way to spell it?

Workout Dilemna [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 17 yrs old (male) and I'm trying to gain muscle mass and at the same time lose love handles and stuff like that, but in order to gain muscle mass I'm eating a lot (no junk food) and it seems contradictory to losing love handles because I do cardio and weightlifting, maybe I need to give it...

Custody dilemna [ 6 Answers ]

My mom has had custody of my children for 10 yrs. I lived in the home with my kids up until 3 yrs. Ago. I had used drugs off and on since I was a teen. 2 yrs. Ago I had had enough of myself. I left and have been drug free ever since. I am now married my kids adore my husband. Here is my situation....

View more questions Search