Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbchambe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2009, 03:21 PM
    Kenmore fridge top freezer drain pan smells
    Kenmore fridge top freezer drain pan smells
    The “drain pan” underneath the fridge. (above the motor) has some smelly liquid in it. There is a plastic drain hose above the pan. I have tried to remove the pan, but no luck. I see a small tab on the left side of the pan, but it does not seem to do anything.
    Is the drain pan attached to the motor by some type of glue? I have created a small amount of separation between the motor and pan, but can’t remove it. I see some type of brown/yellow glue. I have had the fridge in my garage for about 8 years.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 10, 2009, 06:41 PM
    Most of the drain pans can be removed. Easy does it so you do not break it. You can always go to sears parts and see if the have a diagram of your model so you can see if the drain pan is available and how it fits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smelly Kenmore Fridge - How do I access/clean the pan drain? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a bottom freezer Kenmore Fridge (model 59661862101) and a good quantity of milk slowly spilled inside the fridge without us noticing until it really started to smell. We've cleaned the inside of the fridge but the smell seems to be getting worse. I think that some milk may have gone in...

Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator: fridge not cold, freezer is frosty! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I have a slightly over a year old Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator (model #: ABR1922FES). Yesterday, I noticed that the fridge wasn't as cold as it should be, so I turned the temp control cooler, and then, as per the owner's manual, waited 24 hours for it to kick in. It didn't....

Fridge water smells bad [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a new GE fridge and had a problem with the water smelling like rotten eggs (literally) when dispensed out of the fridge. That filter lasted about 6 months and was the original one. I changed the filter and when I did the filter smelled terrible. I put in the new one and it worked great,...

View more questions Search