Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chuckwright Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2009, 02:12 PM
    Unwanted popups
    I'm having difficulty with popups on start up on my desk top. I get 2 popups "fatal error hpqth08.exe clr error 800004005. hpqth08.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". The 2nd popup is TrayApp. "this feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the TrayApp disk and click OK. I cannot find a way to delete the items. Neither of them are listed in all programs. Does anybody have a suggestion?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 10, 2009, 02:23 PM
    These are stuck in your start up items and need removing from there.
    A good, FREE app to use for this is CCleaner

Not only does it clear your system of junk, but cleans the registry and can control start up items as well.
    johndoe99 Posts: 167, Reputation: 21

Jan 10, 2009, 04:02 PM
    Firstly "TrayApp" and "hpqth08.exe" are files belonging to an HP Printer, if you have the CD, then insert it when it asks for trayapp.

If you no longer have a HP printer or the CD and wish to remove these popups then Try this:

(1) Click Start / Run, type msconfig and click OK.

(2) On the dialog box that appears, click the Startup tab, in the Startup Item List look for:
    TrayApp and uncheck the box.
    hpqth08.exe (will be listed as a HP software), uncheck the box.

(3) Click Apply, then OK, you may be asked to restart your PC, do it and they should not appear again.
    Chuckwright Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 09:38 AM
    Thanks for the quick come back John. I've tried to reload the printer software without success. When I run mscvonfig TrayApp is not in the Startup box. I've tried to restore without success. I know there is a simple answer but I'm missing it. Thanks again. Regards Chuck
    johndoe99 Posts: 167, Reputation: 21

Jan 11, 2009, 11:07 AM
    You don't say what HP Printer you had, but I've been to the HP website, and they offer FAQs on; "Troubleshoot a problem" and "Setup, install, and configure" and if you type "fatal error hpqth08" into there search box it brings back several help pages on different models.

Code:
    http://www.hp.com/#Support

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SmartSoft popups [ 1 Answers ]

I have a security threat popup Trojan-Spy.html.bankfraud.dq I cannot get rid of this thing. It says it is a Windows Firewall message... I have Windows Firewall disabled. The window opens in IE... I use Firefox. My antivirus program, McAfee, doesn't catch it at all. I've tried various methods...

I have a popups situation [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me I have problems with popups for three days, every five to ten minutes they popup... a white screen with about 3 ads on it, I have tried spybot,adaware,spyware doctor,advanced windows cleaner, avast, stopzilla super antispyware, and nothing seems to help.

Still getting popups after formatting [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. Here is my question. I formatted my HD because it had several viruses and spyware on it (Using the windows CD, Deleting NTFS partitions etc.. )After reinstalling all the hardware the ONLY thing I did was log on to Windows update(Start menu, windows update.. connected to windows site...

How do I stop these popups? [ 10 Answers ]

I ran Adaware on my computer. Then I ran a virus program that did a full scan. I set my browser to No-Popups. My son was using the computer to go to a kids site and a pop-up came up. Any advice? We are using xp home edition.

How do I stop getting Pop-Ups from several websites? [ 9 Answers ]

hi, I have been getting serveral popups from different sites in the recent week. I have been reading up on this forum and had tried many futile attemps to remove this popups. I have been getting website popups from: http://dnaads.com/servlet/ajrotator/121229/0/viewHTML?zone=enternet...

View more questions Search