Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilmex Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2009, 05:28 PM
    Probation
    My friend is in jail in Texas her PD says she will probably get probation and fines and some community services. How does that work when she lives in another state? Will she do all that in the state that she lives and where she is employed?:confused:
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2009, 05:33 PM

It will be transferred to her home jurisdiction. After her court appearance she will be sent to the probation department who will contact the probation department of her county/district where she lives. She will then be contacted/ordered to contact a PO in her home region.

The fines will be due to the original court. Her probation fees may also. This will vary by state.

Jan 13, 2009, 05:44 PM

OK thank you one more question when she is released do they give her transportation do a bus station? So she can head home?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2009, 05:52 PM

That is going to depend on the court. I wouldn't count on it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 13, 2009, 07:24 PM

Well that is the best chance, the court will have to give them permission to move out of state on probation and their state will have to accept them, it is not automatic. They can not just return home without the PO and/or courts permission.

And most jails just let you out their front door. Some depts may drive them to a bus depo but it can not be expected.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2009, 05:07 AM

She should not leave that state unless she has prior written permission to leave or that would be an instant violation on her part.

Jan 14, 2009, 05:47 AM
    She was arrested in Texas and her PD says she's most likely to get probation and fines plus community services she lives in Kansas . That's why I was asking if she will have transportation to bus station since she knows nobody there in texas:confused: Not sure how probation works when you are not from the state where arrested

Jan 24, 2009, 04:11 PM
    Court appearance
    My friend is do to go to court next week. This is her first appearance. She's going for assault on a family member and assault on a public servant. On the dockets it says assault on a family member. Her attorney went to talk to the prosecuter last week but she hasn't heard from him. My question is, is she going for both charges? Or is the assault on a public servant a separate court appearance? She is in Texas jail been there for over 30 days. This is her first offense never been in trouble. She lives in another state, but got arrested in Texas. If anyone knows the answer please let me know.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2009, 06:55 PM

Most likely two separate cases, but she needs to talk with her attorney.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2009, 07:03 AM

Please don't open new threads on this same arrest. This has been addressed by several people.

Only the Court and the PD (who has seen the papers filed with the Court) know what the charges are. Didn't anyone tell you friend what she is being charged with? I would have no idea why she would make two appearances on two charges which occurred as part of the same incident.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crimin...on-303191.html

Jan 25, 2009, 09:06 AM

My friend is being charged with the two charges stated above. Which yes they did happen at the same time. But on the court dockets it only shows assault on a family member not assault on a public servant. That's why I am asking to find out if there is a separate court appearances. One is a felony and the other is a misdemeaner. She has yet to talk to her public defender till this very day. But he has talked to her sister and said he was going to talk to the prosecuter last week. He also said that he is going to get the charges reduced down if possible. I'm so confused. I have received two different answers one say two court appearance and the other says only one court appearance. I just want to find out what to expect. Oh also one charge is a F3 felony and the other is a Misdemeaner A. thank you for your time

Jan 29, 2009, 03:57 PM
    What is a indictment?
    Here's an update my roommate is still in jail in Texas. She is being charged with assault on a family member and assault on a public servant. Ones a felony 3 and the other is a misdemenaner A. She has been there for over 30 days now. She was on the dockets for the assault on the family member this past week her lawyer said he was going to ask for a lesser charge on the felony and maybe drop the assault on the family member, since her sister didn't press charges. My roommate hasn't heard from her lawyer, but on the day he went to court she received her indictment papers for what I believe to be on the felony charges. Can anyone tell me what happens now? I thought the two charges would be handled at the same time. Not two different court dates. Also how long after the indictment will the next court date be? Please no smart*** answers I really need to know with serious responses:(
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 29, 2009, 03:59 PM
    >THREE Threads Merged<
    Please stick to one thread for this issue to ensure continuity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I become a federal agent or cop with 2 DUIs? [ 13 Answers ]

With two DUIs, can a person still become a federal agent or cop? Long term goal is a federal agent and becoming a cop is a foot in the door.

Hireing a truck driver with 1 feloney [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any trucking companies that hire drivers with a feloney? I have no parole or probation

DV Charges [ 1 Answers ]

I'm scared me and my husband got in a fight we have a six month old son and I wouldn't let my husband leave with him (fear he wasn't coming back) well my motherly instinks kicked in and when he tried to leave I hit him and tackled him to the ground well he called the police and they took me to jail...

A few charges [ 2 Answers ]

OK I got hit with a few things... theft under 5000$ X3 of possession of a thefted item assault with the intent to resist arrest

View more questions Search