Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    valent Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2009, 05:37 AM
    Heartache and heartache
    I was having a long distance relationship with a very wonderful girl and we used to be very very happy together. I would talk to her till about 2-3am every morning just so that she wun feel lonely or neglected. I broke up with my girlfriend about a 2 months ago. Lately, when I tried to patch with her, she told me that she already have a new boyfriend and that she no longer love me. At that point of breakup I told her that I love her and that I will respect her decision. I still love her so much. What should I do??
    ja77 Posts: 250, Reputation: 36

Jan 10, 2009, 05:52 AM

You need to move on - She already has someone new -

Your Ex has advised you that they are seeing someone new so that means that you need to move forwards with your own life. Break ups are hard and you said you would respect what ever her choice was, well sorry to be blunt but she made the choice to move on.

I would also advise if you have not started No Contact yet with your Ex that you need to do this straight away to give yourself time to fix and heal.

Jan 10, 2009, 05:58 AM

It is so difficult letting go. I really love her a lot and she will be coming back this July. What should I do??

Jan 10, 2009, 06:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by valent View Post
    It is so difficult letting go. I really love her alot and she will be coming back this july. What should i do???
    It is hard but you have to let go because she is with someone else now. There is nothing you can do because you can not make someone love you or want to be with you just because you want it to be that way.

You need to pick yourself up and move forwards with your own life, go hang out with friends and family and keep yourself busy and take each day as it comes. You will find with time the pain will start to go away.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2009, 07:34 AM

Yes, it always sucks bad to find out someone you are still in love with has moved on to another guy. Hard as it may be, now you have the closure you possible didn't have before, and you know that you have no options but to move on now.

JA is completely right, do not contact her again, as it will only lead you down to more pain. She is living her life, and you are free to live yours, so waste no more, and go enjoy yourself.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 10, 2009, 08:03 AM

I still love her so much. What should I do??
    i told her that i love her and that i will respect her decision.

Keep your word, heal, and move on. Yes its hard, so is life, so whats your point?

Jan 10, 2009, 08:23 PM

I feel so bad now. I wake up every night dreaming about her and I can't sleep anymore after that. I feel so crappy. Whenever I try to distract her from my mind she just come back right up. It is hurting me so badly now. How long do I have to suffer this kind of pain. She is really the first girl that I ever love so deeply but now she is hurting me so much...

Jan 11, 2009, 06:39 AM
    I feel so bad now. I wake up every night dreaming about her and i can't sleep anymore after that. I feel so crappy. Whenever i try to distract her from my mind she just come back right up. It is hurting me so badly now. How long do i have to suffer this kind of pain. She is really the first girl that i ever love so deeply but now she is hurting me so much...

You need to get yourself active - join a gym - hang out with friends and family, take up new hobbies and challenges just keep yourself busy and start living.

It will take time, but doing things above should start to give you some selfworth and help you keep your mind active and before you no it the pain will become less and less.

This may sound harse but you need for now to remove anything out of your life that reminds you of your Ex, until you are healed and ready to deal with these things. It is not your Ex that is hurting you, it is yourself allowing yourself to be hurt.

Jan 11, 2009, 07:23 AM

I will try my best... thanks for the help man... Though I really want her back, but I think it is impossible now... :(
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2009, 08:23 AM
    I will try my best...thanks for the help man...Though i really want her back, but i think it is impossible now...:(
    When break ups happen the most common mistake we make is fighting so hard to get someone else back, when we don't even have a firm grasp on who we are now. Get yourself back, and you will find that you are worth every minute of YOUR fight for you own self value.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For people dealing with heartache! [ 2 Answers ]

Back in 2004 I went through a bad break-up that I thought I would never get over. One day my friend gave me this article to read and I read it about 2 weeks later and it helped me a lot. I was cleaning out my house and ran into this article again and thought maybe it could help someone else. Try...

Heartache. Regret. [ 25 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I'm new here. Im stuck in a situation that I can't help but ask about.. I know there are others that feel the same and that is why I'm here. About 2 months ago a relationship ended that meant the world to me.. she was my first love, the first one I ever felt a connection with. Im...

Life after heartache - will I feel numb always? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello there, I will summerise my situation - I haven't been on here for a little while but I found this site so useful when I went through the different stages in my break up I thought I would tell you where I am at now. I have been single since July, I was with someone for 3 years and it...

Not the usual heartache... [ 23 Answers ]

Ok, I'm new to this site so not sure how this will turn out, but here goes... My boyfriend of nearly 3 years who I loved with all my heart has kicked me out and ended it. Big deal hey? Well, yes! We'd talked about marriage, kids, the whole lot. I was with him since I was 17. I gave up my job,...

View more questions Search